Upgrade from Windows 7 beta to RC RRS feed

• Question

• I just spent 15 days downloading the Windows 7 Beta, then I find out the Windows 7 RC is out. Now I know alot of people will tell me to just wait till its released, or to get faster internet, first off its NOT possible to get faster internet in this part of Australia. Secondly, is there a way, besides a clean install to upgrade from Beta to RC.

If not, Windows 7 team, please just make something similar to a Service pack that will make it possible.
    • Moved by ashawani_dubey Friday, June 12, 2009 6:35 AM not related to bookmark (From:Social Bookmarks Discussion Forum)
    Thursday, May 14, 2009 1:27 PM

Answers

All replies

• Windows 7 is still not released. Upgrade might be possible, but if you get into trouble it's your problem.
    Why would you even want to upgrade? If you're running Windows 7 beta as your main OS then you can expect things like this to happen.
    Friday, May 15, 2009 9:16 AM
  • This may help someone. Due 2 the nature of the beast, a CLEAN install is the way 2 go.
    Sunday, June 7, 2009 1:19 AM
  • Hello, 

Thank you for your post!  I would suggest creating a new thread for your question in the (Windows Client TechCenter > Windows 7 Forums > Windows 7 Installation, Setup, and Deployment ) forum located here:  (http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en/w7itproinstall/threads).

Hope that would be helpful.

Have a great day!

Thanks & regards
    Ashawani Tier 2 Application Support Server and Tools Online Engineering Live Services Team
    Friday, June 12, 2009 6:34 AM