Subject tree editing RRS feed

• Question

• Hello everyone,

I am a newbie in Microsoft Dynamics CRM 4.0. I would like to know how to delete a record in the subject tree heirarchy? I created a record and I can't delete and when I try to delete it I am prompted with this message "This recored cannot be deleted because it is associated with another record". But the problem is that it is not associated with any other record. Thanks for your help
    Monday, October 27, 2008 7:58 PM

Answers

• I assume you are trying to delete a Subject that you created.  Check the Subject by opening it to ensure it does not have a Parent Subject or is not a Child of another Subject.  Although this should not restrict you from deleting it, it doesn't hurt to check.

As long as you have rights to delete a Subject then you should be able to delete it from the Subject console in Business Management.  Are you in that Console?  If not, you might be trying to delete a different type of record or possibly the Subject has been applied to a record in CRM that is closed like a Case, Service Activity or some other type of record.

• Marked as answer by Jim Glass Jr Tuesday, June 23, 2009 8:51 PM
    Monday, October 27, 2008 8:45 PM