windows 7 changes to microsoft money RRS feed

• Question

• since switching to windows 7 a lot of things changed.  because i use a black and white "theme",  when i click on a transaction in the register, the whole transaction line turns black so i can't see what it says.  does anyone have any idea if a selected item can be some color other than black without changing in windows 7?  i may go back to xp.  liked it much better all the way around.

thanks

Friday, October 8, 2010 10:12 PM

All replies

• You don't say what version of Money you are using.

Have you tried a different theme? I just tried "High Contrast White" and do not see the issue you describe. It appears that you can change individual elements like the selected text colors under Control Panel | Personalization | Window Color and Appearance | Advanced appearance settings… There might be a way from there to achieve what you want.

Do you have the latest video drivers?

Have you changed DPI resolution for the display?

FWIW, I'm running M+ on Win7 and greatly prefer it to WinXP and have only maybe one NEW problem with Money that seem unique to the Win7 environment and it's entirely unrelated to screen display/usability.

Saturday, October 9, 2010 12:27 PM
  • thank you for your response.  i am using money 2007.  yes i have changed the dpi setting for the computer because win 7 has such small lettering.  i have tried every which way to be able to easily read text without distorting everything else.  i changed fonts because the default was so blurry.  i will try again to work with the selected text.
    Saturday, October 9, 2010 8:43 PM