How to show accounts in the same window instead of opening a new window RRS feed

• Question

• I have signed up for a trial version of CRM 2011 and when running thru Outlook Client as well as thru browser, I am finding that when I click on an account, it opens up a new window with the details. I think over the course of hour, there would be so many windows open that it will be confusing and time consuming to find information in the open windows. Is there a way to open an account in the same window just like salesforce.com? May be just have link available on the left on recent accounts veiwed. How can I make this happen?
    -Shirish
    Monday, August 22, 2011 5:53 PM

Answers

• You can also flip through accounts in the same window using the up and down arrows on the upper right-hand side of the account. This flips you through the accounts in the order that they appear in the corresponding grid view.

But if you want to have multiple record types open in the same IE instance, Jehanzeb's solution is the way to go.

Keep in mind, however, that this is not possible using the Outlook client, since each record is rendered as an Outlook item, not through an IE window.

--Dodd
    Monday, August 22, 2011 6:28 PM
  • Hi,

This is the default application navigation behavior and you can not change it, but instead of opening a new window i believe the new browser tab will be acceptable (only valid for web client):

1. Go to Internet Explorert browser Internet Options->General->Tab->Settings

2. Check Always Open a Popup in New Tab option under  When a Popup is Encountered

Jehanzeb Javeed

http://worldofdynamics.blogspot.com
    Linked-In Profile |CodePlex Profile

If you find this post helpful then please "Vote as Helpful" and "Mark As Answer".
    Monday, August 22, 2011 6:06 PM

All replies

• Hi,

This is the default application navigation behavior and you can not change it, but instead of opening a new window i believe the new browser tab will be acceptable (only valid for web client):

1. Go to Internet Explorert browser Internet Options->General->Tab->Settings

2. Check Always Open a Popup in New Tab option under  When a Popup is Encountered

Jehanzeb Javeed

http://worldofdynamics.blogspot.com
    Linked-In Profile |CodePlex Profile

If you find this post helpful then please "Vote as Helpful" and "Mark As Answer".
    Monday, August 22, 2011 6:06 PM
  • You can also flip through accounts in the same window using the up and down arrows on the upper right-hand side of the account. This flips you through the accounts in the order that they appear in the corresponding grid view.

But if you want to have multiple record types open in the same IE instance, Jehanzeb's solution is the way to go.

Keep in mind, however, that this is not possible using the Outlook client, since each record is rendered as an Outlook item, not through an IE window.

--Dodd
    Monday, August 22, 2011 6:28 PM