Move back crm 4.0 async service to full server. RRS feed

• Question

• Hi Gents

I need to move async service back to full server right
    now my deployment looks like this.

1. CRM app server running IIS -MSCRM and I have async service installed but disabled here.

2. SQL server running databases.

3. Async server running async service.

This was spitted up, because we had a lot of workflows, but not anymore, so that’s why I need to move it back to 1.

How to do this? Can I just enable it on my CRM app server, and disable it on
    async server? Or is there more to do?

i did alot of crm implementations, but never tried to move async back.

Friday, March 16, 2012 8:32 AM

Answers

• You already have 1 full installation, just turn on the Async service on CRM Application Server.

If there is a chance that some day you will need to execute alot of workflows, disable the Async server from CRM Deployment Manager and turn off the server for a while.
    If it was a 'one time workflow execution', you can uninstall CRM from the async server.

• Marked as answer by iCRM Friday, March 16, 2012 11:07 AM
    Friday, March 16, 2012 8:51 AM

All replies

• Hi Djedo00,

Do you want to 1) move your backend server into a full server and add it to a Load balanced cluster so you have two full servers? - or 2) are you just interested in de-commissioning your back end server and getting the async server on the front end server? If 2 then yes, you can just enabled the async server on the front end server provided you installed it as a full server previously. 

You also need to think about your email router.

hth,

Scott

Scott Durow
    Read my blog: www.develop1.net/public
    If this post answers your question, please click "Mark As Answer" on the post and "Mark as Helpful"

Friday, March 16, 2012 8:48 AM
    Answerer
  • You already have 1 full installation, just turn on the Async service on CRM Application Server.

If there is a chance that some day you will need to execute alot of workflows, disable the Async server from CRM Deployment Manager and turn off the server for a while.
    If it was a 'one time workflow execution', you can uninstall CRM from the async server.

• Marked as answer by iCRM Friday, March 16, 2012 11:07 AM
    Friday, March 16, 2012 8:51 AM