SQL Server 2012 Compatibility RRS feed

• Question

• This seems ridiculous to ask, but what is the "official" compatibilty statement regarding CRM 2011 and SQL 2012?  According to Magnetism, there are some PowerPivot features coming in R8 and the MSFT datacenters are already hosting CRM on 2012...but I haven't been able to find any formal declaration.  Does anyone have a link to MSDN/Technet regarding this?
    Thursday, March 1, 2012 11:32 AM

All replies

• I guess I just needed to RTFM.  The R8 Guide states On-Prem SQL 2012 is a go:

With the Microsoft Dynamics CRM Q2 2012 service update we provide customers with the opportunity to harness the core database engine capabilities of Microsoft SQL server 2012 to leverage its performance and scalability advancements. The innovation from the SQL Server team contributes to our continual expansion and improvement of enterprise class capabilities. Currently SQL Server 2012 is deployed in all Microsoft Dynamics CRM Online data centers to further increase performance and reliability for your mission critical customer data. Customers deploying Microsoft Dynamics CRM on-premises will be able to take advantage of the performance improvements and mission critical capabilities provided by SQL Server 2012.

Thursday, March 1, 2012 1:53 PM