Microsoft Home Use Progam (HUP) - Installation on a emachine RRS feed

• Question

• I purchased the Home Use Program over a year ago.  I recently purchased a emachine with Windows XP operating system.  My emachine MS Office trial version has expired.  How can I install Microsoft Home Program to my emachine.  I still have the software and Product Key for the HUP purchased.
    Tuesday, May 11, 2010 12:22 PM

Answers

• "Vernon Beck" wrote in message news:3cae3ee3-9c18-4c5d-823d-67049ba6d5e3...
    I purchased the Home Use Program over a year ago.  I recently purchased a emachine with Windows XP operating system.  My emachine MS Office trial version has expired.  How can I install Microsoft Home Program to my emachine.  I still have the software and Product Key for the HUP purchased.

Uninstall the trial and activation assistant, reboot the computer and install.  It can only be installed onto one computer at a time and you may have to use telephone activation and actually speak with a human being to activate if it has ever been activated before. 
    Tuesday, May 11, 2010 4:29 PM

All replies

• "Vernon Beck" wrote in message news:3cae3ee3-9c18-4c5d-823d-67049ba6d5e3...
    I purchased the Home Use Program over a year ago.  I recently purchased a emachine with Windows XP operating system.  My emachine MS Office trial version has expired.  How can I install Microsoft Home Program to my emachine.  I still have the software and Product Key for the HUP purchased.

Uninstall the trial and activation assistant, reboot the computer and install.  It can only be installed onto one computer at a time and you may have to use telephone activation and actually speak with a human being to activate if it has ever been activated before. 
    Tuesday, May 11, 2010 4:29 PM
  • Thank for the assistance.  The system that I originally purchased the MSHUP hard drive has been cleaned.  As I am in Korea, I cannot afford to make a long service call for support. 
    Wednesday, May 12, 2010 11:49 AM
  • LVTravel -  you may have to use telephone activation and actually speak with a human being to activate if it has ever been activated before. 

Vernon Beck - As I am in Korea, I cannot afford to make a long service call for support. 

He did not mean you would need to have a long Support call, he said you may need to Activate by Phone.

Once you install Office, it will ask to be Activated. If Activating over the Internet fails, you will need to select the Activate by Phone method. There are Activation Call centers in all regions of the world and most have toll free numbers.  The Process of Activation by Phone should not take more the a few minutes at max.

Thank you,

Darin MS
    Thursday, May 13, 2010 2:16 AM