Certificates RRS feed

• Question

• Sorry to be a novice. I have been looking through the documentation etc and I don't understand this certificate business. As my server does not have an internet connection I have to apply for one some other way.

Can anyone maybe dumb down exactly what they are and how I go about getting one?

Cheers
    Wednesday, April 11, 2007 11:49 AM

Answers

• You can setup your server to be your own CA by going through Add/Remove windows components and checking the Certificate Service then configure your certifiacte during install to send and you'll be able to chose your server.  You will then need to issue (under pending requests) the certificate in Admin tools \ Cetification Authority 

You will also need to add the certificate to your website when you work on the web scheduling partSmile

Hope this helps

Wednesday, April 11, 2007 7:48 PM

All replies

• You can setup your server to be your own CA by going through Add/Remove windows components and checking the Certificate Service then configure your certifiacte during install to send and you'll be able to chose your server.  You will then need to issue (under pending requests) the certificate in Admin tools \ Cetification Authority 

You will also need to add the certificate to your website when you work on the web scheduling partSmile

Hope this helps

Wednesday, April 11, 2007 7:48 PM
  • Install the certificate authority server on one of your server. When deploying the OCS, generate a certificate request and apply this request to your own certificate authority. You can issue the certificate for the pending request. Then use this certifcate with the OCS "configure certifcate". Make sure you install the CA certificate chain on OCS server and the clients machines so that they trust the certificate.
    Thursday, April 12, 2007 9:24 AM