one care subscription RRS feed

• Question

•  

I had a problem with one care subscription.  Problem was resolved by escalation engineer; however when I uninstalled, Ran One Care Cleanup Utility, and Reinstalled the problem returned.  The Ticket Number is 1072999093.

The problem is that when I try to Subscribe One Care Tells Me I do not have a subscription, which I do.

In the Ticket Notes he put the following:

ACTION      : Tried to activate OneCare.
    RESULT      : Cannot activate OneCare.
    CAUSE       : Account not synchronized.
    RESOLUTION: Resynchronize the account.

So now I cannot find out how to resynchronize the account.

Wednesday, July 16, 2008 3:57 AM

Answers

All replies

• Why are you reinstalling OneCare again?

In any event, I recommend contacting support and referencing the above ticket number, advising them that the problem persists.

How to reach support (FAQ) - http://forums.microsoft.com/WindowsOneCare/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=2421771&SiteID=2

-steve
    Wednesday, July 16, 2008 1:41 PM
  • Hi Steve,

Thanks for the reply.  I reinstalled One Care for two reasons.  1.  The tech was vague about how he fixed the problem.  So I wanted to know if he actually fixed the problem or treated the system.  I see now he treated the symptom.  2.  I have two other PC’s I need to do this on and I would prefer not to do the dance with support for the other two.

Wednesday, July 16, 2008 4:32 PM
  • What do you mean that you have two other PCs that you need to reinstall on? It would seem to me that there might be an account problem in that logging in during activation doesn't immediately recognize your account as being a valid OneCare account.

When you log in at http://billing.microsoft.com with the account LiveID, is the status reflected correctly?

What exactly happens when you try to activate with that LiveID?

What is the status on the other two machines? Are they showing an incorrect expiration?

How did the problem originally manifest itself?

When the tech notes that the account was synchronized, I assume that it was a server action, not anything on your PC, but  could be wrong. However, if the account is still not recognized during activation, and the problem was server side, it clearly still exists and only support can straighten that out.

-steve

Wednesday, July 16, 2008 4:48 PM
  • Hi Steve,

Again thanks for the response.  I have been using one care since the 1.0 bata.  My One Care subscription has been running since then.  As long as I use the 1.x version I don’t have any issues with the subscription.  As you can see by the service description I am covered for up to 3 PCs.  The only thing I do not have is a product key, because I have used a download version, not a retail version.  I was told by Microsoft that I can just download the trial and activate the service, which is what I am trying to do with 2.x and have done in the past with the 1.x version.

Your services

Service name

Status

Windows Live OneCare

Enabled

Windows Live OneCare Beta

Canceled

Marketplace Services Standard

Canceled

eCommerce Service - Basic

Enabled

Service description

You have selected a one year subscription to Windows Live OneCare (covers up to 3 PCs) for USD $49.95 (plus tax). Windows Live OneCare is the all-in-one security and performance service for your Windows XP or Windows Vista-based PC and includes Antivirus, Antispyware, Anti-Phishing, Managed Firewall, Performance Tune-Ups, Data Backup, and Support. This is an annual subscription that will be automatically charged to your credit card every year at the then current subscription price unless you cancel your subscription or select an alternative plan. You must agree to the Windows Live OneCare Subscription Agreement to access Windows Live OneCare. A valid major credit card or valid product key is required to subscribe and to continue to subscribe each year. Prices subject to change. Valid in the 50 United States and D.C. only.

Read service agreement

Windows Live OneCare

Enabled

Purchased:

6/6/2008

Renewal scheduled for:

6/6/2009

Renew this service

Cancel my service

Account name:

Windows Live OneCare Account created on 6/6/2006

When you log in at http://billing.microsoft.com with the account LiveID, is the status reflected correctly? Yes

What exactly happens when you try to activate with that LiveID? I get the "you need a subscription" as if the account didnt exist.

What is the status on the other two machines? Are they showing an incorrect expiration?  The other 2 machines are still on version 1.x, when I tried them about 8-10 months ago they were having the same issue as the machine I called in about.

How did the problem originally manifest itself? Upgrading from version 1.x to 2.x

When the tech notes that the account was synchronized, I assume that it was a server action, not anything on your PC, but could be wrong. However, if the account is still not recognized during activation, and the problem was server side, it clearly still exists and only support can straighten that out.

Ok, so I guess it’s back to support.

Wednesday, July 16, 2008 6:09 PM
  • Can you send me an email at sboots@mvps.org and include "OneCare Subscription" in the subject line and this link - http://forums.microsoft.com/WindowsOneCare/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=3625926&SiteID=2 - in the message body? Also, in the message, let me know your forum nickname and what country you are located in.

I'd like to have someone on the OneCare have a look at this.

If you can also attach the support zip file from one of the machines you have not addressed yet, that is stuck at 1.x, and the one that is failing to activate after the reinstall (send multiple emails, if needed) following the instructions here - http://forums.microsoft.com/WindowsOneCare/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=2512403&SiteID=2 - that would be great.

Thanks.

-steve

Wednesday, July 16, 2008 6:37 PM