none
S2B Enquiries RRS feed

• Question

• Firstly, I am unable to register for S2B. I can access the registeration page. I filled up all the details but after I hit submit, it simply says "Registration Failed" without any explanation whatsoever.

If you ask me, the whole registration page is messed up. The regex for the home page and blog url, for example, is poorly done. Hopefully, these issues will be fixed soon.

If anyone had the same problem as me and found a work around, please let me know.

Also, I have some clarification about the project templates. All my software and projects are aimed at a specific market. Meaning, none of my good software so far are general software for regular users.

I have made a very popular IRC client complete with SSL support + live script compilations, etc. Right now, I am working on a gaming client for the 2nd largest MMORPG in the world (played by over 7 million people). These are the closest to what I can call "general". Rest of my projects are highly specific for some particular task. The software themselves are good but are not aimed for general audience.

Does this disqualify me from the competition?

Sunday, October 21, 2007 4:21 AM

Answers

• You can work on any project under the S2B program. There is no restriction on the nature of the project. The aim of the program is to help students doing projects by providing them with whatever little guidance that we can provide, provide them with software and finally at the end of the day provide a few students with the stage to showcase the work that they have done while studying to the world.

So as long as you can call a project your project and take credit for working on it, you can submit it with us.

Monday, November 26, 2007 7:35 AM

All replies

• You can work on any project under the S2B program. There is no restriction on the nature of the project. The aim of the program is to help students doing projects by providing them with whatever little guidance that we can provide, provide them with software and finally at the end of the day provide a few students with the stage to showcase the work that they have done while studying to the world.

So as long as you can call a project your project and take credit for working on it, you can submit it with us.

Monday, November 26, 2007 7:35 AM
  •  

I've registered three projects by now under hobbyist projects, and iam already working on them using Silverlight.

i have teamed up with another friend of mine and am trying to integrate the three projects into provinding a better webUI, and submit it as a single project under Academic project.

The problem is, whatever title i'm trying to provide, is being rejected.

Firstly, i'd appreciate if you could let me know if there is any criterion on which the project title should be provided.

While the content of the project is more important than the title, why should that be a trouble?

I've tried every possible title by now and yet i cannot register my project, just because i have a message, "enter a valid project name".

As mentioned earlier, the objective of my project must be clear to you by now. So it would be of great help if you people can suggest some "valid" title.

I'm available at : +919885576327

or mail me at: ramki1986@gmail.com

Friday, November 30, 2007 2:18 PM
  •  

Dear Admin, I would also like to bring it to your notice that, even though I have registered for the forums through the STUDENT ROCKSTAR website link, and have submitted the FORUM DISPLAY NAME accordingly, yet, the points for it have not been addressed. The issue was left unanswered many times though I posted query through the student rockstar site.

Please look into this and, award me the points accordingly for the posts I posted and, registration activity for the FORUMS. That shall enable me to zoom up in the contest. Please look into this issue as soon as possible.

Saturday, December 1, 2007 2:13 AM
  • Please ensure that the project name does not contain any special characters.

That might be the cause .

Wednesday, December 12, 2007 5:46 AM