Image resolution RRS feed

• Question

• Is the resolution of the image from BLINK the same as if i were using the standard camera app?
    Monday, May 20, 2013 10:47 PM

All replies

• No, it's much (8x) lower. Instead of the 3.5K x 2K (7.1MP) image that I can get with the Lumia 920, Blink can only capture 1280 x 720 (0.9MP). It would be better to just use the 1080p video stream and capture frames out of that (2.1MP)!!
    Monday, May 27, 2013 10:19 PM
  • Thanks, we are limited to lower resolution due to platform limitations on burst mode.
    Friday, June 21, 2013 8:38 PM
  • Krishnan, is this something that will improve with platform updates, or are there no plans to allow for higher resolution shots in burst mode? Thanks.
    Saturday, June 29, 2013 8:36 PM
  • This would be an absolute killer app and platform seller if it ran at full resolution (even at lower framerate). 

The premise of this app is awesome, but the low resolution makes this a non-starter (at least for me). Even if the framerate were lower and the resolution higher, it would still be useful. But at less than 1MP, it just doesn't do the Lumia 920's amazing camera justice and is not useful for printing.

Have you considered turning on the video stream and grabbing every tenth frame of that as the Blink images? That'd give you an automatic 2x on resolution with no platform changes.... :-)

- Lutz

Saturday, June 29, 2013 10:55 PM
  • Sorry that we don't have a good story for high resolution bursts now, but this is something that we are looking into adding once the platform supports it. Capturing  video has its own issues and road blocks so we are left with sampling off the preview buffer. Most users, based on feedback, are OK with the resolution for viewing on the phone and sharing  but we agree that higher res is needed for those copying to PC and printing needs. 
    Wednesday, July 3, 2013 4:50 PM