In CRM 2011 RibbonDiffXML LabelText, ToolTipDescription, ToolTipTitle, what does $Resources reference? RRS feed

• Question

• Hi Experts,

In CRM 2011 RibbonDiffXML under the LabelText, ToolTipDescription and ToolTipTitle properties, what does $Resources reference?

Where can we get the values of these?

Any help or pointer would be helpful.

Thanks,

Palani

Thursday, November 28, 2013 12:53 PM

All replies

• Hi,

Please check following links

http://blog.slalom.com/2012/05/25/controlling-ribbon-buttons-with-jscript-in-dynamics-crm-2011/

https://community.dynamics.com/crm/b/crmpowerobjects/archive/2012/07/09/the-how-to-guide-for-crm-2011-ribbon-customization.aspx

Hope this helps. If you get answer of your question, please mark the response as an answer and vote as helpful !!!
    Vikram Singh. !!!  My Blog

Thursday, November 28, 2013 1:11 PM
  • Hi Vikram,

Your links does not answer my question :(

Thanks,

Palani

Thursday, November 28, 2013 1:26 PM
  • Hi Palani,

Following ToolTipTitle for Deactivate button inside form grid but ToolTipTitle is referenced from HomepageGrid Deactivate ToolTipTitle definition. It means whatever tooltip is written on HomepageGrid Deactivate ToolTipTitle definition same message will be displayed on Form Grid deactivate button as well.

ToolTipTitle="$Resources:Ribbon.HomepageGrid.account.Record.Status.Deactivate" 

Hope this helps. If you get answer of your question, please mark the response as an answer and vote as helpful !!!
    Vikram Singh. !!!  My Blog

• Edited by _Vikram Thursday, November 28, 2013 2:31 PM
    Thursday, November 28, 2013 2:30 PM
  • Hi Vikram,

Thanks for your time, but I think my question is not clear enough.  Let's consider the example that you have given.  My question is where is the value/message stored for the ID Ribbon.HomepageGrid.account.Record.Status.Deactivate?

I am trying to programmatically get this value for a requirement.  I need to know where or how can i get the value that will come up in the ToolTipTitle.  

My requirement is to get the value of LabelText, ToolTipDescription and ToolTipTitle of a particular button programmatically.

Thanks again,

Palani

Thursday, November 28, 2013 5:56 PM