you must override clone() for a derived grid column in two level hierarchy of radgrid RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I am creating two level hierarchy in Telerik  radgrid programatically. But it gives me error while binding detail table such as "You must override Clone() method for derived grid column". Please help me.

Thanks In advance

• Moved by Eason_H Tuesday, December 24, 2013 7:42 AM
    Monday, December 23, 2013 5:06 AM

Answers

• Hi,

i have solved the error. Actually i am using a user control grid. it's prefix is ucGrid and in detail table i am using same grid(ucGrid).

When i change the detail table grid to<telerik:GridTableView> and Master table grid  <ucGrid:ccRadGrid>.

Then detail table binding event is fired. and the error resolved.

Thanks.

• Proposed as answer by Eason_H Friday, December 27, 2013 1:21 AM
    • Marked as answer by Just Karl Monday, January 6, 2014 7:23 PM
    Thursday, December 26, 2013 10:37 AM

All replies

• When inheriting grid columns in hierarchy, you need to override their Clone() method and copy the base properties as follows:
    public override GridColumn Clone() 
    { 
                RequiredGridBoundColumn requiredGridBoundColumn = new RequiredGridBoundColumn(); 

//you should override CopyBaseProperties if you have some column specific properties 
                requiredGridBoundColumn.CopyBaseProperties(this); 

return requiredGridBoundColumn; 
    } 

Source

Kunal G

Monday, December 23, 2013 5:59 AM
  • Hi Kunal,

i have already tried this but this is not working. My Detail Table Binding event is not firing. 

Monday, December 23, 2013 7:06 AM
  • Hi Richa,

Since the issue regards ASP.NET and website deployment. I suggestion you post the question in the ASP.NET forums at http://forums.asp.net/. It is appropriate and more experts will assist you.

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Tuesday, December 24, 2013 7:42 AM
  • Hi,

i have solved the error. Actually i am using a user control grid. it's prefix is ucGrid and in detail table i am using same grid(ucGrid).

When i change the detail table grid to<telerik:GridTableView> and Master table grid  <ucGrid:ccRadGrid>.

Then detail table binding event is fired. and the error resolved.

Thanks.

• Proposed as answer by Eason_H Friday, December 27, 2013 1:21 AM
    • Marked as answer by Just Karl Monday, January 6, 2014 7:23 PM
    Thursday, December 26, 2013 10:37 AM