none
suggest an antivirus solution RRS feed

• Question

• hi guys

as its the congenital problem of viruses with windows please suggest me some antivirus for home use as the antiviruses like norton and others tend to make the system slowwwwww but other antiviruses like avast although free are often ineffective

i also tried  Kaspersky but it is just too much secure  it always questions each and every of the activity which i perform defeating the very purpose of using  a computer.

please suggest a AV which is lenient on my system resources yet effective

Wednesday, February 14, 2007 3:59 PM

Answers

• prathul  generally two antiviruses can never be installed. the second av to be installed always flags the first as conflicting so no need to worry on that
    Tuesday, February 20, 2007 12:27 AM

All replies

• hi
    kaspersky is good i dont see the problem.but u can try bit defender it is really good.(and yes fast)

Thursday, February 15, 2007 8:46 AM
  • Use ZoneAlarm security suite. The best you can get in market and it uses least system resources.
    Friday, February 16, 2007 12:46 PM
  • if u want to secure ur computer to the fullest, then

u have to 2-3 things ,

use zone alarm plus AV

zone alarm wont make any problem in compatability with AV

use AVG7.0 if ur work is not so confidential,  

u can install Mcfee it is comparitive better then norton  an all respects

Sunday, February 18, 2007 5:06 PM
  • Never ever use two antivirus together even if it doesnt result in any conflict. This would affect the real time scanning process of bith AV and in the end both of them would become incapable of dectecting virus.

Thanks & Regards,
    Prathul Prabhakar
    Microsoft Student Partner
    http://student-partners.com/members/prathul.aspx
    http://xplore.wordpress.com

Monday, February 19, 2007 4:34 AM
  • dear can u suggest a site for download of kaaspersky or any other torrnt site.
    Monday, February 19, 2007 7:36 PM
  • prathul  generally two antiviruses can never be installed. the second av to be installed always flags the first as conflicting so no need to worry on that
    Tuesday, February 20, 2007 12:27 AM
  • using nod 32
    Tuesday, February 20, 2007 5:54 PM