The Front End service cannot start. RRS feed

• Question

• I am getting familiar with OCS 2007 beta by using the VM that is provided by Microsoft at the MS Virtual Lab. I use the VM on the following lab: Configuring and Using Conferencing in Microsoft Office Communications Server 2007

This lab contains 3 exercises. However, I am blocked on Task 4 in the first exercise. Task 4 is performed on the B3OCS01 server. In Task 4, I am required to make some changes, stop the Front End service and then restart it in the Office Communications Server 2007 MMC snap-in. However, the startup of the Front End service failed. The error does not give me much information.

Later, I even tried restart the Front End service in the Office Communications Server 2007 MMC snap-in directly after the VM is ready without any change. The startup of the service fails again.

Can anyone help me out? I also notice this problem on another real environment that is built up by a colleague of mine.

Great Thanks!!!

Tuesday, August 7, 2007 7:57 AM

All replies

• Can you let us know the status of your problem? Have you tried the RTM version on a physical computer? Can you share your solution if you have one? If not, please let us know what else you have tried.

Tuesday, December 18, 2007 5:49 PM