none
SCOM and SCSM MOC materials RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I'm an MCT trainer and through MCT download sites i got materials for MOC's: 50217A, 50252A and 50028. After downloading there are only .vhd files, without any documentation for trainers. Why is that different then for other MOC courses? How can I prepare to teach System Center products?

Thanks.
    Regards.

Tuesday, July 13, 2010 4:54 PM

Answers

• The five-digits courses starting with 50 are not standard courses available from the download center. These courses should be downloaded from the Courseware Library (https://cwlibrary.mslearn.net/page/loginregister.aspx).

A few of the courseware library courses, such as the ones that you mentioned, also have Virtual machines (the majority of them don't). In these specific cases, the virtual machines are available at the MCT download center, and those are the ones that you found. But the rest of the materials for the courses (manuals, PPTs, etc.) have to be downloaded from the courseware library, which will require you to register separately using your MCT credentials.

• Marked as answer by Marc Lopez Wednesday, July 14, 2010 3:42 AM
    Tuesday, July 13, 2010 7:34 PM

All replies

• The five-digits courses starting with 50 are not standard courses available from the download center. These courses should be downloaded from the Courseware Library (https://cwlibrary.mslearn.net/page/loginregister.aspx).

A few of the courseware library courses, such as the ones that you mentioned, also have Virtual machines (the majority of them don't). In these specific cases, the virtual machines are available at the MCT download center, and those are the ones that you found. But the rest of the materials for the courses (manuals, PPTs, etc.) have to be downloaded from the courseware library, which will require you to register separately using your MCT credentials.

• Marked as answer by Marc Lopez Wednesday, July 14, 2010 3:42 AM
    Tuesday, July 13, 2010 7:34 PM
  • Hello Alberto,

A colleague of mine is MCT and he succeed downloading the  50217A MOC: Planning, Deploying and Managing Microsoft System Center Service Manager 2010 but he cannot find the materials for this course ( trainer and student files ).

We access the link you provide https://cwlibrary.mslearn.net/page/loginregister.aspx , register with the MCT account details, but the files for this course are not there.

Can you help ?

Thank you,

Greetings.

Tuesday, January 4, 2011 7:39 PM
  • I just checked, and it's there. Once you login into the cwlibrary, click on the link "Browse and buy courseware", at the top left of the screen. Then enter 50217 in the "Course Number" textbox in the search pane. Press Search, and the course is found. Click on the course title, and you get a list of all the files for downloading. The Powerpoints, Trainer manual and student materias are all there (if you logged-in with an MCT account).
    Wednesday, January 5, 2011 6:00 AM
  • Hello Alberto, thank you for you reply, but still no luck:

http://img341.imageshack.us/img341/3382/50217.jpg

Maybe my colleague`s MCT account it`s limited or he doesn`t not have access to certain resources, in this case 50217 training files..

Greetings.

• Edited by RBogdan Tuesday, January 11, 2011 9:39 AM Image upload
    Tuesday, January 11, 2011 9:37 AM
  • That's strange. I just performed the search again, and the screen I see has two differences with the screen capture that you linked. The first difference is, of course, that on the right hand side of the screen the course appears, instead of displaying "Your search has yielded no results".

But the second difference is that at the top of the left side, where your screen just displays "Welcome", my screen displays "Welcome" followed by my name. Therefore, the cwlibrary apparently "knows" me (I logged-in using my Live ID) while it doesn't "know" your colleague. So your colleague's account seems to be missing something that my account does have. Perhaps you should phone the RSC and have them check the account, and let them guide you over the registration process again.

Tuesday, January 11, 2011 10:47 AM
  • About the "Welcome" screen, I erase the name, when I edit the image ( it is the name of my colleague ) so both screens should be identical at this point.

Well yes, we will contact Microsoft Regional Education Service Center and I hope the mystery will be solved somehow.

Thank you.

Tuesday, January 11, 2011 11:07 AM
  • Have you tried ticking the "Search entire catalog" option? Sometimes it helps me when I get an empty result set from a search (don't know what it does, I more or less just tick it automatically now)
    Friday, February 4, 2011 8:16 AM