Stuck on "Checking drive C:" RRS feed

• Question

• Hi all,

I am installing WHS PP1.  It appears to get stuck at the Windows Server 2003 for Small Business Server Setup phase.  "Please wait while Setup examines your disks..." ...progress bar at 0%..."Checking Drive C:' at the bottom.  No drive lights showing activity.  The first part of the install went no problem...didn't need to load any drivers...saw all my drives, created the system partition.  I am not sure if I should just wait or if its just frozen.  CAPS Lock is not responsive either...any thoughts?

Thanks!
    Tuesday, April 14, 2009 3:23 AM

Answers

• Hi all,

I am installing WHS PP1.  It appears to get stuck at the Windows Server 2003 for Small Business Server Setup phase.  "Please wait while Setup examines your disks..." ...progress bar at 0%..."Checking Drive C:' at the bottom.  No drive lights showing activity.  The first part of the install went no problem...didn't need to load any drivers...saw all my drives, created the system partition.  I am not sure if I should just wait or if its just frozen.  CAPS Lock is not responsive either...any thoughts?

Thanks!
    Did you take the DVD out of the drive?  If so, you need to leave the DVD in the drive until you see the Windows Home Server welcome screen.  If not, you might try starting over with a fresh install and only have one drive connected during the installation process (or try a different DVD drive).
    Tuesday, April 14, 2009 4:25 AM

All replies

• Hi all,

Thanks!
    Did you take the DVD out of the drive?  If so, you need to leave the DVD in the drive until you see the Windows Home Server welcome screen.  If not, you might try starting over with a fresh install and only have one drive connected during the installation process (or try a different DVD drive).
    Tuesday, April 14, 2009 4:25 AM
  • Thanks.   Will try a fresh install, new DVD and let you know.
    Tuesday, April 14, 2009 10:53 AM