Dynamics 365 - Stingy Storage Policy - How to buy more? RRS feed

• Question

• Although the idea of something as cheap as storage being limited to only 5GB is deceptive and greedy, I still need to allow my users to keep logging in every day and that shuts off if we hit the 5GB max. However, the article that describes where to find the tile in subscription add-ons is not accurate. There is no tile for purchasing additional GB of storage.

Has anyone else run into this problem?

Any solutions?

Also, I have asked my MS Partner, but they've been too busy to even reply and I'm at 80% already.

Eric Hula - CRM Administrator

Wednesday, April 26, 2017 1:35 PM

All replies

• I would assume this is something done via the partner that handles your contract with MS, supposedly there is a difference in storage space depending on what kind CRM you have (2016 vs Dynamics 365) so make sure the correct type is ordered for you.

According to MS this is a softcap though, your system should not shut down (this might be dependant on what kind of contract you have though) if you hit the cap but there might be some extra cost in it or reduced performance (I am guessing here though).

Best regards
    Halldor

Halldór Jóhannsson

Friday, April 28, 2017 10:46 AM
  • Someone from our MS partner ended up deleting the Audit Logs as a stopgap measure, but still hasn't explained how to order more. It's very disappointing. Also, I saw in another post that after they hit the max that no one could login. If that changed, good on Microsoft.

Friday, April 28, 2017 2:09 PM
  • Try this .. https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/jj191611.aspx

See if the information there helps you out.

Regards,

Halldor

Halldór Jóhannsson

Friday, April 28, 2017 2:12 PM
  • Actually, that's exactly the article I found in my research. It's one of the first few search results. Supposedly there is a tile for it in add-on subscriptions, but it's not there. I do have global admin.

Friday, April 28, 2017 2:18 PM