locked
Remains of an entity causing offline sync error RRS feed

  • Question

  • Some of our offline clients when going offline get the error "failure to move data for entity"indexed article""

    There is no entity called indexed article in CRM>settings>customize entities, sdk/list.aspx, no database tables\views, or customizations.xml

    For kicks I tried to create the entity and got the error "an entity with the name "indexed article" already exists"

    Somewhere there seem to be remains of the entity.(relationship?) Where does the creation look for duplicates? Any places I forgot to look?

    CRM was upgraded to 4 from 3. Most client computers go offline fine. We have gotten rid of the error for some clients through deleting the local CRM datafile, local data groups and rerunnig the client configuration, but 2 we've been unable to fix. New users have started getting the error. Old users have suddenly gotten the error. ~%75 have had no error.

    We have an open case with MS and have sent trace files.  I have just updated with the info about creating the entity.

    Thursday, May 6, 2010 5:04 AM

Answers

  • I suggest completely uninstalling the CRM Outlook Client to include SQL and the related database folders from the user machine that is having an issue and re-install to see if that corrects the issue.  Also ensure the lastest CRM Update Rollup and SQL Server Updates have been applied to the user's machines.

    Regards, Donna

            Windows Live Blog

    Tuesday, May 18, 2010 3:28 PM

All replies

  • I guess that it may be related to the Articles (Knowledge Base) they have full-text indexing functionality.

     


    My Dynamics CRM Blog: http://bovoweb.blogspot.com
    Thursday, May 6, 2010 2:15 PM
  • reproduced the error on the Dev server with the trace on and got the entity ID. Comes back as document index. I don't see that in the local data groups and since I don't have it in the customize entity list I can't make it unavailable offline.
    Thursday, May 6, 2010 10:59 PM
  • I suggest completely uninstalling the CRM Outlook Client to include SQL and the related database folders from the user machine that is having an issue and re-install to see if that corrects the issue.  Also ensure the lastest CRM Update Rollup and SQL Server Updates have been applied to the user's machines.

    Regards, Donna

            Windows Live Blog

    Tuesday, May 18, 2010 3:28 PM