locked
Internet Lead Capture to Azure - "Cannot display the webpage" RRS feed

  • Question

  • CRM's Internet Lead Capture (ILC) changed over to the Azure platform yesterday - July 19, 2011. We were instructed to re-create the forms. 

    Today, 7/20, I recreated our form and it previews fine - however when launching in a browser, the familiar "Cannot display the webpage" error occurs.

    Anyone else?

    Thank you.

    Anya


    --- ATS2011
    Wednesday, July 20, 2011 8:41 PM

Answers

  • I had an open ticket w MS Support since July 20 that is now closed.

    My issue was that my ISP's DNS was not resolving the website. Other people - for example my sister in Florida - could open the form and view it. I changed the settings in my router to use OpenDNS, and now the form displays as it should...

    Hope this helps!

     


    --- ATS2011
    • Marked as answer by ATS2011-Anya Thursday, August 4, 2011 12:28 AM
    Thursday, August 4, 2011 12:06 AM
  • We have encountered similar issues - I would try the following:

     

    Update your current PC's DNS to use a public one to test such as Google DNS.   This worked for us. 


    Follow Workopia on Twitter

    Good CRM Links: http://www.workopia.com/Links.htm
    My CRM Blog: http://microsoft-crm.spaces.live.com

    • Marked as answer by ATS2011-Anya Thursday, August 4, 2011 12:29 AM
    Thursday, August 4, 2011 12:06 AM
    Moderator

All replies

  • I'm having the same issue with our form, except I never had an initial page.. I created it brand new on 7/23 and we're getting the error. I'm on the phone with MS Tech Support right now.
    Thursday, August 4, 2011 12:03 AM
  • I had an open ticket w MS Support since July 20 that is now closed.

    My issue was that my ISP's DNS was not resolving the website. Other people - for example my sister in Florida - could open the form and view it. I changed the settings in my router to use OpenDNS, and now the form displays as it should...

    Hope this helps!

     


    --- ATS2011
    • Marked as answer by ATS2011-Anya Thursday, August 4, 2011 12:28 AM
    Thursday, August 4, 2011 12:06 AM
  • We have encountered similar issues - I would try the following:

     

    Update your current PC's DNS to use a public one to test such as Google DNS.   This worked for us. 


    Follow Workopia on Twitter

    Good CRM Links: http://www.workopia.com/Links.htm
    My CRM Blog: http://microsoft-crm.spaces.live.com

    • Marked as answer by ATS2011-Anya Thursday, August 4, 2011 12:29 AM
    Thursday, August 4, 2011 12:06 AM
    Moderator
  • MS Tech is calling me back tomorrow after they research a bit. He was not able to view the form on his end, nor is one of our larger clients. it's odd... I can view it, other clients can view it, I can view it on Android & iPhone, but apparently not on Windows phones.
    Thursday, August 4, 2011 12:28 AM

  •  

    I think i figured our issue out.... We direct customers to a page on our website, which then re-directs them to the link provided by the CRM Lead Capture design software.

    Our redirect initially sends customers to this site (I replaced my company's info with x's):

    https://xxxxxxxx.pages.sites.dynamicsonline.com/Leads/xxxxxxxx.aspx 

    Which then redirects them to another secure site:

    https://dousncsites3c2.sites.dynamicsonline.com/Leads/xxxxxxx.aspx

    If I go directly to the final landing page, everything is fine. the form shows up on any browser, including mobile browsers that previously did not work, and the form also submits fine to the portal, and then into the CRM just fine as well.

    I'm not sure what the point of the "middle man" URL is, but I'm skipping it in my initial redirect and going to the final landing page. I should also mention that the "dousncsites3c2.sites.dynamicsonline.com" redirect usually inserts a long string on the URL as well, and I am not going to include that (I tested... everything works fine).
    Thursday, August 4, 2011 2:05 AM
  • VeeDub - Yep - that is exactly what happened with us, too. We put the redirect link on the website instead...
    --- ATS2011
    Thursday, August 4, 2011 2:10 AM
  • I can confirm that this works 100%.

     

    I do need to correct my above post though... You will need to include the string after the aspx.... Its your indentifier for the CRM. Without it you get a page error.

     

     


    Thursday, August 4, 2011 6:52 PM