none
I'm looking for training on Exam 70-671: Designing and Providing Microsoft Volume Licensing Solutions to Small and Medium Organizations RRS feed

• Question

• Please let me know how people are passing this exam by just using the out of date powerpoints and practice tests that Microsoft has for the exam. While reviewing the powerpoints, they have no info regarding Server 2012 or Windows 8 (which I would assume to be on the current test). Also, the practice exam that I found seems to be from 2007 as it has questions around Groove, which I believe is now SharePoint. I am very interested in learning the information so that I can not only pass the exam, but also be able to apply the skills to my position. If I search on Google, or even Bing, all I get is the braindump quiz answers....  I dont want that and dont think that that would help me anyway. Please send me over any useful resources that people have used to pass this exam. Thanks in advance for the help!
    Sunday, September 16, 2012 5:45 PM

Answers

All replies

• All training material for this certification can be found on the Microsoft Licensing Training portal (https://partner.microsoft.com/global/40029101) and the Get Licensing Ready website (https://partner.microsoft.com/global/40146456).  You will need to be a Microsoft Partner to access this material.

If you are already using the material from the sites I've provided and have questions relating to their content, you will need to contact the Partner Program Support Team via one of the methods available at https://partner.microsoft.com/global/supportsecurity. 

When you see answers and helpful posts, please click Vote As Helpful, Propose As Answer, and/or Mark As Answer

Jeff Wharton
    MSysDev (C.Sturt), MDbDsgnMgt (C.Sturt), MCT, MCPD, MCSD, MCITP, MCDBA
    Blog: Mr. Wharty's Ramblings
    Twitter: @Mr_Wharty
    MC ID: Microsoft Transcript

Monday, September 17, 2012 1:43 AM
  • Hi

I'm looking for the same ! Very frustrating. Please let me know should you find something

Tuesday, September 18, 2012 10:51 AM
  • Hi

I'm looking for the same ! Very frustrating. Please let me know should you find something

Did you review the links I provided?

When you see answers and helpful posts, please click Vote As Helpful, Propose As Answer, and/or Mark As Answer

Jeff Wharton

Tuesday, September 18, 2012 10:54 AM
  • Exam 70-671 : Designing and Providing Microsoft Volume Licensing Solutions to Small and Medium Organizations

Here is the exam description:
    http://www.microsoft.com/Learning/en/us/Exam.aspx?ID=70-671

As you can see in the exam details, it was last updated in May, 2012 to include Office 365 and Cloud Services.

We can only speculate that it does not yet include Windows 8 and Server 2012 topics yet.

Windows 8 comes out October 26th. Windows Server 2012 just came out two weeks ago. The exams are not updated that frequently.

Near the top, it also states that it was classified as a Windows 7 exam. We can also assume it includes Windows Server 2008 R2.

The details of the exam (click here) seem to focus on customer analysis, choosing products and licenses that are best suited for clients of all sizes, upgrade processes, customer service, and other factors rather than the actual products.

Be sure to know Office 365 and Cloud Service (Azure) licensing, since the exam was updated to include that.

Everything I stated above are in the exam details.

Good luck!

Best wishes, Davin Mickelson

Tuesday, September 18, 2012 3:58 PM
    Answerer
  • Exam 70-671 : Designing and Providing Microsoft Volume Licensing Solutions to Small and Medium Organizations

Here is the exam description:
    http://www.microsoft.com/Learning/en/us/Exam.aspx?ID=70-671

As you can see in the exam details, it was last updated in May, 2012 to include Office 365 and Cloud Services.

We can only speculate that it does not yet include Windows 8 and Server 2012 topics yet.

Windows 8 comes out October 26th. Windows Server 2012 just came out two weeks ago. The exams are not updated that frequently.

Near the top, it also states that it was classified as a Windows 7 exam. We can also assume it includes Windows Server 2008 R2.

The details of the exam (click here) seem to focus on customer analysis, choosing products and licenses that are best suited for clients of all sizes, upgrade processes, customer service, and other factors rather than the actual products.

Be sure to know Office 365 and Cloud Service (Azure) licensing, since the exam was updated to include that.

Everything I stated above are in the exam details.

Good luck!

Best wishes, Davin Mickelson

As the study material included in my links above include Windows Server 2012 and Windows 8, it's probably safer to assume that these technologies will be included in the exam.

Jeff Wharton

Tuesday, September 18, 2012 10:47 PM
  • Has your question been answered?

Jeff Wharton

Friday, September 28, 2012 5:55 AM