Follow Feature Doesn't Work RRS feed

• Question

• One of my users asked if she could track of an activity that belongs to a different user. This is something that would happen on a regular basis to help ensure customer satisfaction. I'm trying to reduce clicks and I remembered the Follow feature that I never started using when we installed 2013 due to a laundry list of things that Microsoft broke and I had to scramble to find workarounds.

If the Follow feature worked as intended, it would be helpful. However, currently, the button doesn't even appear in the more commands list. When looking at the Active Accounts grid, my more commands list does have an Unfollow option, but that's visible whether I'm following an Account or not. That seems to imply that CRM doesn't have a simple boolean flag for FollowedBy attached to my user and the corresponding account record. Also, keep in mind that I'm the administrator and I have full privilege to everything.

I did a search in the forums, but I was only finding complaints about the removed Follow-Up feature and random posts containing the word following. Any insights are greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!

CRM 2013 On Premise
    SP1 UR2

Eric Hula - CRM Administrator

Monday, July 25, 2016 4:35 PM