WLOC Circle Alerts RRS feed

• General discussion

• I got an Idea how about Alerts where user could get pop ups on the status of another pc in the Circle

example: Computer Name 2 Tune-up Has Started

Then

Computer Name 2 Tune-up Has Completed successfully

Computer Name 2 Virus/Spyware Scan Has Started

Computer Name 2 Virus/spyware Scan Has Finished Successfully

and maybe others Like Virus Has been detected and it would be clickable to launch the panel to delete or Qurantine the file remotely

Alert could be sent from Windows Live Alerts maybe or have it local

or how about a Windows Live One Care Alert best way to alert subscribers about new threats.

Wednesday, July 18, 2007 9:02 PM

All replies

• Interesting suggestion, thanks!

-steve

Thursday, July 19, 2007 2:00 AM
  • +1

I use one of my OneCare licenses on my in-laws machine.  They know enough about PC's to be dangerous .  It would be great to be alerted remotely that their machine had a problem (virus, tune up required etc.) and fix things up for them from my PC instead of having to explain it to them over the phone.

Friday, August 10, 2007 10:30 AM
  • Chris, the first half of your request is there in OneCare 2.0. If the remote PC has a OneCare problem, it will show red in your circle, but it will be delayed by hours or more since it is via the Internet. I believe that the delay will be reduced when 2.0 goes live, but it will still be a delay as the information passes through the OneCare server. The second part is probably on the table for design, if not already being looked at. That would be a great use of the circle technology.

-steve

Friday, August 10, 2007 6:58 PM
  • That's an extension of the onecare circle that's a good idea, I have family for whom onecare is ideal (little knowledge of how computers work, so don't tweak - updates set to auto etc) so it would be a good option to be able to monitor the important areas that onecare covers from afar.

Any news on the onecare circle going further than 3? Is it possible for a machine to be a member of more than one circle?

Tom

Saturday, August 11, 2007 5:41 PM
  • The more than three PCs and multiple subscriptions is a good question. To the best of my knowledge, that won't be available for now, but I do believe it is being looked at.

-steve

Monday, August 13, 2007 5:55 PM