Enable Phone integration RRS feed

• Question

• Does anyone know how I can make this option enabled?

When you log into OCS on the client and go to Options>Phones, at the bottom of this tab is a 'phone integration' section that is greyed out. Does anyone know how I can go about enabling this?

Cheers

Druid
    Monday, April 23, 2007 2:02 PM

Answers

• Group Policy did it for me.

Administrative Templates
    Microsoft Office Communicator Policy Settings/Microsoft Office Communicator Feature Policies

Policy Setting
    Telephony Mode Enabled
    TelephonyMode 3 = Dual Mode

Tuesday, April 24, 2007 6:57 PM

All replies

• Group Policy did it for me.

Administrative Templates
    Microsoft Office Communicator Policy Settings/Microsoft Office Communicator Feature Policies

Policy Setting
    Telephony Mode Enabled
    TelephonyMode 3 = Dual Mode

Tuesday, April 24, 2007 6:57 PM
  • Ok i found that, but I cant find the Microsoft Office COmmunicator Group Policy folder under Administrative Templates.

The AD Forest and Schema is prepped properly. Does anyone know why my AD is neglecting me?

Cheers
    Wednesday, April 25, 2007 9:40 AM
  • Here's an article that explains how to open an .adm file, complete with screenshots: http://www.petri.co.il/adding_new_administrative_templates_to_gpo.htm.

Z

Wednesday, April 25, 2007 2:09 PM
  • Thats brilliant, thank you, but how do I know what .adm file i need to add.

Thanks again
    Wednesday, April 25, 2007 4:05 PM
  • Use the communicator.adm that comes with the public documentation.

Monday, April 30, 2007 11:36 PM
  • Once again, many thanks.

But This still doesn't enable the 'enable phone integration' check box at the bottom of the tab though.

Do I need to unprep and re prep the domian? or something similar?
    Tuesday, May 1, 2007 3:50 PM
  • Maybe I should actually build my knowledge first, whats does the 'enable phone integration' entitle me to do?

I'd like to think it allows me to integrate with e.g. a Polycom or what have you?

I find the documentation for this awfully confusing and I never used LCS 2005, so Im working on assumptions
    Wednesday, May 9, 2007 10:20 AM