need connector software RRS feed

• Question

• I need the new connector software.  There is no folder on my home server under the shared software folder that says "home server connector software"  If it was installed there I think it may have been deleted by my folder sync program that copies all my software library from my older W2k3 std server to the home server and deletes all data that is not on the std server.  Anyway, How do I get it back?  Or do I just reinstall the PP1 software?

In the mean time I will fix my problem on the folder syncing with my old server.

Thanks in advance,
    Jim

Sunday, June 22, 2008 6:22 PM

Answers

•  casadiego wrote:
    I need the new connector software.  There is no folder on my home server under the shared software folder that says "home server connector software"  If it was installed there I think it may have been deleted by my folder sync program that copies all my software library from my older W2k3 std server to the home server and deletes all data that is not on the std server.  Anyway, How do I get it back?  Or do I just reinstall the PP1 software?

In the mean time I will fix my problem on the folder syncing with my old server.

Thanks in advance,
    Jim

You can find it by logging into the server desktop and going to C:\WHS.

Or you could uninstall PP1, create a new folder in the Software share called "Home Server Connector Software" (without the quotes), then install PP1 again.  That folder needs to be in that exact location in order for the files to show up.

Sunday, June 22, 2008 6:32 PM
  • I copied everything in the WHS folder to the appropriately named folder in software and was able to successfully update two computers.  Still have two laptops to do when they are home.  But seems to work good.  Is there anything else in the software folder that I may have inadvertently deleted.  If I don't have to do an uninstall and then reinstall I think I prefer to wait for the official release of PP1 and then do a reinstall.  For one thing I notice that my hard drive activity light is on much less since installing PP1.  That was the main issue of concern for me with Home Server.  Thanks for your help.  Now its off on a little trip for a few days.
    Monday, June 23, 2008 8:28 PM

All replies

•  casadiego wrote:
    I need the new connector software.  There is no folder on my home server under the shared software folder that says "home server connector software"  If it was installed there I think it may have been deleted by my folder sync program that copies all my software library from my older W2k3 std server to the home server and deletes all data that is not on the std server.  Anyway, How do I get it back?  Or do I just reinstall the PP1 software?

Thanks in advance,
    Jim

You can find it by logging into the server desktop and going to C:\WHS.

Or you could uninstall PP1, create a new folder in the Software share called "Home Server Connector Software" (without the quotes), then install PP1 again.  That folder needs to be in that exact location in order for the files to show up.

Sunday, June 22, 2008 6:32 PM
  • Jim,

I would un-install PP1, and then re-install it. Note, to see PP1 in the 'Add/Remove Programs' applet, you will need to ensure that the 'Show Updates' box at the top is checked.

Colin

Sunday, June 22, 2008 6:33 PM
  • I copied everything in the WHS folder to the appropriately named folder in software and was able to successfully update two computers.  Still have two laptops to do when they are home.  But seems to work good.  Is there anything else in the software folder that I may have inadvertently deleted.  If I don't have to do an uninstall and then reinstall I think I prefer to wait for the official release of PP1 and then do a reinstall.  For one thing I notice that my hard drive activity light is on much less since installing PP1.  That was the main issue of concern for me with Home Server.  Thanks for your help.  Now its off on a little trip for a few days.
    Monday, June 23, 2008 8:28 PM