WHS shares show as full when mapped on apple laptop RRS feed

• Question

• I am able to map shares using smb no problems but apple shows the drives as full and won't let me move data on them? There is over 16tb available in the pool but apple on seems to see the shares as the original d: partition size which is 232gb
    Friday, March 13, 2009 12:45 PM

All replies

• pluckyhd said:

I am able to map shares using smb no problems but apple shows the drives as full and won't let me move data on them? There is over 16tb available in the pool but apple on seems to see the shares as the original d: partition size which is 232gb

Hi,

Can you verify that you have the latest updates on your Windows Home Server?

Windows Home Server Console>settings>resources

You should have the following versions:

Windows Home Server Console: 6.0.1800.0
    Windows Home Server Backup & Restore: 6.0.1800.36
    Windows Home Server Drive Extender: 6.0.1800.24
    Windows Home Server Remote Access: 6.0.1800.0
    Windows Home Server Storage Manager: 6.0.1800.24

Thanks!
    Lara Jones [MSFT] | Program Manager
    Community Support and Beta | Windows Home Server Team
    Windows Home Server Team Blog
    Connect Windows Home Server
    Windows Home Server
    Friday, March 13, 2009 3:04 PM
  • Yes not at the pc at the moment to check that but when I run windows update is says my home server is up to date.
    Friday, March 13, 2009 3:44 PM
  • pluckyhd said:

Yes not at the pc at the moment to check that but when I run windows update is says my home server is up to date.

We released a patch in November that was supposed to expose the entire storage pool to a client. One of the bugs that resulted was that mapped drives would show as full but the behavior you are describing is not exactly the same thing. What we usually see is the size of the drive is shown i.e. 232GB but the available space is the actual pool 16TB. Users are still able to copy data. The bug is cosmetic.

If you cannot copy data, please file a bug on Connect. We will work with you to collect logs.

Thank you
    Lara Jones [MSFT] | Program Manager
    Community Support and Beta | Windows Home Server Team
    Windows Home Server Team Blog
    Connect Windows Home Server
    Windows Home Server
    Friday, March 13, 2009 4:07 PM