Can I sync my zune to WHS? RRS feed

• Question

•  

Does anyone know of a connector to sync my zune to my windows home server?
    Tuesday, October 9, 2007 3:41 PM

All replies

• As far as I know, you can only sync your Zune using the software provided with it. However, I believe you can configure that software to watch folders in addition to the My Music, My Videos, and My Pictures folders. You could configure the software to watch network shares on your WHS and sync to the server that way.
    Tuesday, October 9, 2007 5:03 PM
  •  

Yes, you can setup the Zune Software to see the shares on the WHS and sync directly from the WHS to the Zune itself. Syncing works for DRM and non-DRMed content. However, you will need to have the Zune Software installed on your XP / Vista PC with the music/photos/videos on the WHS.

The current Zune software doesn't install on the WHS so you can't run the Zune software directly from there. Maybe the Zune 2 might have better WHS compatibility.

Tuesday, October 9, 2007 6:54 PM
  • Bump.

The Zune 2 software has been out for 5 or 6 weeks now.  Has anyone managed to get this working on WHS without a second "always on" computer?

I'd love to have WHS available for direct wireless sync (without dealing with another computer that needs to be running the software). 

It's really disappointing that these two new flagship products from MSFT don't really work together.

Aaron
    Tuesday, December 25, 2007 3:53 PM