none
Trying to cause input error RRS feed

All replies

• This is a reply.

Posting from  IE8 on XPsp3 VM.

Saturday, October 6, 2012 3:39 PM
  • This is a reply.

Posting from  IE8 on XPsp3 VM.

This is a quoted reply.   Same environment as above.
    Saturday, October 6, 2012 3:40 PM
  • Trying to recreate unhelpful positioning problem.   This thread was second from the top in the Sandbox.   Before starting this reply I opened a preview of the one which is second from the bottom.   I want to know where the message list will be positioned after I use Submit on this thread.   I will return to this thread via Edit to report the results.

EDIT:  As expected the message list was repositioned in the vicinity of the last opened thread, not where  I had posted from.   QED.

I didn't think to try closing that thread before doing this.   Now I expect that after my Edit I will be repositioned back down there again.   I will return with an another Edit to report that result too.

EDIT:  Confirmed.  Now I have closed the previously opened thread that Submit was repositioning to, so now there should be no reason for it to make me lose my place and have to refind it again.

EDIT:   In fact, I could have predicted more correctly what actually happened.   After Submit I was repositioned to see the first post in this thread, not what I had just posted.   I think it would be much more useful to be shown a rendering of what I had just posted, not the first post in the thread I had posted in.   Either way requires unwanted scrolling.

Wednesday, October 17, 2012 1:25 AM