live one care and windows 7 RRS feed

Answers

• HI!

Windows live onecare is only for Windows XP and Vista.

------
    bayabasgirl29

Saturday, June 13, 2009 8:23 PM

All replies

• HI!

Windows live onecare is only for Windows XP and Vista.

------
    bayabasgirl29

Saturday, June 13, 2009 8:23 PM
  • is there going to be support for live one care in windows 7?

No. OneCare will not be updated to support Windows 7.
    -steve
    Microsoft MVP Windows Live / Windows Live OneCare & Live Mesh Forum Moderator
    Monday, June 15, 2009 1:03 PM
  • I am sorry to say No OneCare and Windows 7. It would be great if it could happen.

chuck
    Windows Live Butterfly
    Monday, June 15, 2009 10:18 PM
  • Guess that answers my question! I had just run Windows 7 adviser to see if I could upgrade and what I would need, I guess I will be holding off until my current (recently renewed) One Care subscription expires.

To bad I really enjoyed the set it and forget it nature of the product.
    Wednesday, June 17, 2009 9:57 PM
  • 2McAbre,

You shouldn't be upgrading to Windows 7 on a production machine (the primary one you use every day) until it is released in October anyway.  It's likely you would have to totally reinstall your system at that time since the RC (Release Candidate) version currently available isn't actually the final version.

By then, there will also be a new free anti-malware only product available, code name Morro, that will replace that portion of OneCare.  It will work on Windows 7, as well as Vista and XP and be complete protection, but without the other extras of OneCare such as backup or the hub.

I'm running Windows 7 on a test PC and plan to also install Morro once a beta version becomes available.  If you have such an extra PC available, then that would be an appropriate place to try out the new OS and anti-malware, assuming you may have to completely re-install once they are both finally released.

OneCareBear
    Windows OneCare Forum Moderator
    Wednesday, June 17, 2009 10:07 PM
  • Microsoft should be bringing out the upgrade for  Windows 7.  I am a beta tester and a partner trying to sell solutions to my clients.  I recommend Live OneCare virus scan/firewall to my non-business clients.  I won't be recommend Windows 7 until Live OneCare is ready for Windows 7.
    Tuesday, June 30, 2009 6:48 PM
  • Microsoft should be bringing out the upgrade for  Windows 7.  I am a beta tester and a partner trying to sell solutions to my clients.  I recommend Live OneCare virus scan/firewall to my non-business clients.  I won't be recommend Windows 7 until Live OneCare is ready for Windows 7.

OneCare will never be available for Windows 7. See the announcement at the top of this forum. Microsoft Security Essentials is currently in beta and will be released later this year. OneCare is at end of life.
    -steve
    Microsoft MVP Windows Live / Windows Live OneCare, Live Mesh, & MS Security Essentials Forums Moderator
    Wednesday, July 1, 2009 2:47 PM