Device Update Service Errors RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I have a OCS 2007 R2 environment with 1 Enterprise Front End server and several Polycom CX700 phones. When they try to update themselves, they successfully connect to the Update URL sent during the in-band provisioning, but then on the Front End server I get the following error in the Application Event Log with source of Software Update Services:

Failed to aceess update directory: \\FE-Server-Name\OCSUpdates\DeviceUpdates\UCPhone\Polycom\CX700\A\ENU\\3.5.6907.0\CPE

As you can see, there are 2 \\ highlighted in the path that the Device Update Service tries to access and there should be only one.

Does anyone know if this is a bug in OCS 2007 R2 or any workaround.

Thanks in advance,
    Lubo
    Tuesday, March 10, 2009 4:03 PM

All replies

• Hi Lubo,

did you ever solve this? I experience the same.

Thanx,

Wim
    Wednesday, June 10, 2009 1:44 PM
  • Hi Lubo,

just found the answer for us.

we have two Front-End server behind a Load Balancer. You need to configure a VS for HTTP over port 80. Because the Roundtable uses HTTP, the update URL's are bound to http. After creating the VS, the update worked.

I think the double "\\" in the log might be sort of a type error, just like the word "aceess" in the beginning of the error :-)

in your case maybe you need to enable inbound port 80 on the firewall or someting?

Wim
    Wednesday, June 10, 2009 2:46 PM