CRM 4 - Can you tell which entities have custom code RRS feed

• Question

• Hi all,

We are still on CRM 4, but looking to upgrade.  I know our partner is going to ask me which entities we have custom code on.  I know how to tell which entities I created, but how can I tell which standard entities I have added code to?  Any easy T-SQL query or other means?

Thanks in advance - Duane

Friday, May 10, 2013 9:51 PM

Answers

• One option might be exporting all the customizations and in the resulting XML file, go through each entity and look for script. You could probably speed this up just by doing a search on the resulting file for events like onload, onsave, etc...

Jason Lattimer
    My Blog -  Follow me on Twitter -  LinkedIn

Saturday, May 11, 2013 4:27 PM

All replies

• Hi Duane,

I am assuming all custom code is stored in TFS or some repository which is the best practice. If it is, then it is all your custom code there. If you do not have that then it is a matter of going through each entity and noting down which ones have Scripts and open Plug-in registration tool and note how many custom plug-in etc.

Hope this helps.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
     Minal Dahiya

If this post answers your question, please click "Mark As Answer" on the post and "Vote as Helpful"

Saturday, May 11, 2013 11:08 AM
  • One option might be exporting all the customizations and in the resulting XML file, go through each entity and look for script. You could probably speed this up just by doing a search on the resulting file for events like onload, onsave, etc...

Jason Lattimer
    My Blog -  Follow me on Twitter -  LinkedIn

Saturday, May 11, 2013 4:27 PM
  • I knew this was an option, but was hoping for something easier and less time consuming.  Thanks for the confirmation.
    Monday, May 13, 2013 12:46 PM