NEW WHS Install will not Backup PC's RRS feed

• Question

• HI ALL,

This is driving me nuts. I have built 2 previous WHS servers starting from the Beta, then RC1! And now the Full OEM version. The two previous installs worked just fine, no problems at all. Now that I have bought the WHS OEM I now get problems!!!!

Everything installed okay, but for some unknown reason, the computers will not backup to the server. I installed the connector software via the server software folder and nothing happens. The only difference that I can see is that the OEM version has downloaded a load of fixes, Have they disabled something?

Any suggestions anyone. I have deleted the backup folder several times with no effect!

Any help would be appreciated.

Thursday, May 29, 2008 5:08 PM

Answers

• Well, I have found the problem after some digging around. The problem was down to the backup/network being 'Turned OFF'. I only found this option after 'RIGHT CLICKING' on the computer shown within the Server Console. Here I found an extra option to turn the backups to either 'ON' or 'OFF'. It might be a good idea to include this along the top of the tool bar within the server console.

Thursday, May 29, 2008 7:52 PM

All replies

• Well, I have found the problem after some digging around. The problem was down to the backup/network being 'Turned OFF'. I only found this option after 'RIGHT CLICKING' on the computer shown within the Server Console. Here I found an extra option to turn the backups to either 'ON' or 'OFF'. It might be a good idea to include this along the top of the tool bar within the server console.

Thursday, May 29, 2008 7:52 PM
  • If, after configuring backups on the Computers & Backup page of the Console, the individual backup is turned 'Off', then the Status column changes from 'Backed Up' to 'Off'.

Colin

Saturday, May 31, 2008 5:06 PM