VDI solution for VS2010 desktops using RDS and MSTSC RRS feed

• Question

• Does anyone have any experience of running virtualised (Hyper-V) desktops via RDS which host VS2010 running under Windows 7 and can MSTSC v6.1 be used to connect from the remote clients? 

• Moved by YiChun Chen Wednesday, July 28, 2010 2:58 AM It's off-topic here. (From:Visual Studio Setup and Installation)
    Tuesday, July 20, 2010 5:07 PM

All replies

• Hi Vlad,

For your concern, I need to do some clarification with you.
    Do you mean that you want to remote one Windows 7 machine which hosts VS2010 via Hyper-V?

This forum is for the support of Visual Studio installation. I'm not quite familiar with Hyper-V or RDS.
    If yes, I think that your concern might be related to Hyper-V connection instead of Visual Studio itself. You can try Windows Server forums to get more useful help.

Hope this helps! If you have any concern, please feel free to let me know.

Best regards,
    Yichun Chen
    MSDN Subscriber Support in Forum
    If you have any feedback on our support, please contact msdnmg@microsoft.com
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    Welcome to the All-In-One Code Framework! If you have any feedback, please tell us.
    Wednesday, July 21, 2010 9:37 AM
  • Hi Vlad,

I'm writing to follow up the post.

Please feel free to let me know if you need any help.

Best regards,
    Yichun Chen
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    Welcome to the All-In-One Code Framework! If you have any feedback, please tell us.
    Friday, July 23, 2010 8:29 AM
  • Hi Yichun,

Apologies for the late response - My alerts were not working (hopefully I've fixed that now!). To clarify we are considering implementing a VDI solution for centralised desktops:

We would like to host a number of virtual machines under Hyper-V (running under Windows Server 2008 with the Hyper-V role). These machines will be Windows 7 and will have VS2010 installed (probably Premium). We would like to access them remotely from locked down desktops which have the MSTSC v6.1 client. Is this possible or will they need to access via the new Remote Desktop Services or via some other means?

Regards

Vlad

Wednesday, August 4, 2010 10:56 AM
  • Hi Vlad,

Thank you for your clarification. I can understand it better.

As I mentioned above, I'm not quite familiar with Windows Server. Sorry for that.
    Could you please try Windows Server forums to get more useful help?

Thank you for your understanding!

Best regards,
    Yichun Chen
    Thursday, August 5, 2010 8:05 AM