CRM upgrade 2013 - 2015 RRS feed

• Question

• We currently have CRM2013 and I am looking to upgrade this to CRM2015

Current Setup

CRM2013 (full service packs) running on a VS - operating system Windows 21012R2

Database is SQL2014 running on a VS - operating system Windows 21012R2

Both VS machines are running on a windows 2008R2 server

I want to move and upgrade to

CRM2015  running on a VS - operating system Windows 21012R2

Database is SQL2014 running on a VS - operating system Windows 21012R2

Both VS machines to run on a windows 2012R2 server

I have read a few of the documents regarding updates, but have not found a simple guide that gives step by step instructions. I am aware of the issues of trying to rollback should there be any problems, so would be looking to set up a new CRM server and SQL Server and migrate the current CRM. 

Apart from the upgrade, one of my questions is that are we able to retain the same organization name ? 

Dont ask me .. i dont know

Tuesday, March 31, 2015 4:53 PM

All replies

• The safest upgrade approach is to install and configure CRM 2015 on new servers, and get it working with IFD etc standalone.

Then you just simply disable the 2013 org, backup the 2013 database and restore it on the 2015 server, then import using the deployment manager.

This way if anything goes wrong you can simply switch the 2013 org back on and fall back to using that.

DNS can get a bit tricky if you want to keep the same URL's, so sometimes it's best to just create a new subdomain etc and switch people over to the new one after go-live.

Hope that helps

Paul

If my response helped you find your answer please show your thanks by taking the time to "Mark As Answer" and "Vote As Helpful".

Twitter LinkedIn Facebook Blog Magnetism

Wednesday, April 1, 2015 3:48 AM