MS CRM 2011 License Change (Server Type To Workgroup Server Type) RRS feed

• Question

• Hi all,

My CRM Server(no CAL limit) trail key is going to expire in 10 days.

Is it possible to change the License key form type Server(no CAL limit) to WorkGroup Server(5 CAL limit) in MS CRM 2011 On Premise Version.

If so can you suggest me....

Pavan

Friday, March 30, 2012 5:36 AM

Answers

• It means that you can only have one organization (in Deployment Manager) and no more than five users that are enabled.

In the server edition, you can create multiple organizations (e.g. for testing, development) and have as many users as you need.

I don't think you can change from Server (trial) to Workgroup (purchased).  If you really need to do this, you will need to reinstall CRM but of you course you can import the existing CRM organization into the new installation.

Friday, March 30, 2012 7:34 AM

All replies

• I haven't tried it, but I have gone the other way (from Workgroup to Server) with only a Licence Key update.

You will have to make sure that prior to the downgrade, that you do not have > 5 Active Users in only 1 provisioned Organisation.

--pogo (pat) @ pogo69.wordpress.com

Friday, March 30, 2012 5:54 AM
  • Hi

I too did the License Change (from Workgroup to Server) in the past.

My need is to change Server type to Workgroup.

Can you tell me "5 Active Users in only 1 provisioned Organization" what it mean ?

Pavan

Friday, March 30, 2012 6:07 AM
  • It means that you can only have one organization (in Deployment Manager) and no more than five users that are enabled.

In the server edition, you can create multiple organizations (e.g. for testing, development) and have as many users as you need.

I don't think you can change from Server (trial) to Workgroup (purchased).  If you really need to do this, you will need to reinstall CRM but of you course you can import the existing CRM organization into the new installation.

Friday, March 30, 2012 7:34 AM
  • Hi

Thanks for Reply..

I will plan to reinstall by taking proper backups.....

Pavan

Friday, March 30, 2012 8:43 AM