none
Cores allocation. RRS feed

• Question

• Hi all,

How can I allocate a quantum of cluster cores for specific jobs and only for them ?

For example – let say my cluster has 200 cores , I want allocate (& reserve) 50 cores for 3 jobs , and only for them ,

And 150 cores for all other jobs use .

Best Regards

Shay  
    Monday, January 11, 2010 4:35 PM

Answers

• Or "use assigned resources exclusively for this job" in New Job dialog in HPC Job Manager. Sure, minimum and maximum should have the same value.

But i think that author asks about how to assign resources for specific jobs exclusively permanently. It can be realized by creating specific NodeGroup (as Liwei Peng said) and then create Job Template.
    • Marked as answer by Shay Segev Tuesday, January 12, 2010 7:29 AM
    Tuesday, January 12, 2010 1:48 AM
  • Hi Shay,

One way to reserve cores is to use node group. It may not precisely reserve the number of cores for you.

assume you have 4cores/node, you can create NodeGroup Group1 with 13 nodes, then create the 3 jobs using this node group:
    job submit /nodegroup:Group1 /numcores:50  ...

Will this work for you?

Liwei
    Monday, January 11, 2010 6:06 PM

All replies

• Hi Shay,

One way to reserve cores is to use node group. It may not precisely reserve the number of cores for you.

assume you have 4cores/node, you can create NodeGroup Group1 with 13 nodes, then create the 3 jobs using this node group:
    job submit /nodegroup:Group1 /numcores:50  ...

Will this work for you?

Liwei
    Monday, January 11, 2010 6:06 PM
  • Or "use assigned resources exclusively for this job" in New Job dialog in HPC Job Manager. Sure, minimum and maximum should have the same value.

But i think that author asks about how to assign resources for specific jobs exclusively permanently. It can be realized by creating specific NodeGroup (as Liwei Peng said) and then create Job Template.
    Tuesday, January 12, 2010 1:48 AM

• Many thanks, 

Shay
    • Unmarked as answer by Shay Segev Tuesday, January 12, 2010 7:29 AM
    Tuesday, January 12, 2010 7:29 AM
  • i have to thank you because i used to have the same problem , this fix really work, now my cores are working the way i want.
    Tuesday, January 12, 2010 10:23 PM