what is needed in order for an anytime upgrade? RRS feed

• Question

• I have Home Premium now and want ultimate. What exactly do I need in order to do this, how many keys? On micorsoft site its way more expensive than say amazon. Do I need the anytime upgrade key, then another as well? Would I need to buy both of these??Or just one? Pleasehelp if you can

Microsoft Windows 7 Anytime Upgrade Key Code [Home Premium to Ultimate]

Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate Activation Product Key Code

Saturday, February 18, 2012 11:08 PM

Answers

• They are not selling Microsoft product.  They are selling counterfeit Microsoft product.  It's the internet.  Just because they make claims and promises doesn't mean they are legit.  Just because they use an authentic logo doesn't mean they didn't just copy it from another site.  People put up all kinds of websites that are only in business for a few weeks or months.  The website can be hosted in Timbuktu and sell counterfeits from China.  The crooks aren't going to tell you all this.  It takes the authorities time to become aware of what they are doing and collect enough evidence to take the legal steps to close them down.  Then the bad guys open another website with another name and keep selling.

Only buy Windows and Office from reputable sellers.  Companies you know a lot about.  Or play it completely safe and just buy from the Microsoft Store. 

http://www.microsoftstore.com/store/msstore/DisplayHomePage

You might be able to shop around and save $50 but you can't get genuine Windows 7 at half off.  It's a pipe dream.

Stay away from any website selling at a heavy discount.  You'll get ripped off every time.

Colin Barnhorst Windows 7 Ultimate x64 on DIY with 6GB ram.

• Marked as answer by Darin Smith MS Monday, February 20, 2012 10:13 PM
    Sunday, February 19, 2012 1:58 AM
    Answerer

All replies

• Simply purchase a genuine Windows Anytime Upgrade: Windows 7 Home Premium to Ultimate then open Windows Anytime Upgrade by clicking the Start button. In the search box, type anytime upgrade, and then, in the list of results, click Windows Anytime Upgrade and follow the instructions.  If you prefer dealing with Amazon, see: MicrosoftWindows 7 Anytime Upgrade (Home Premium to Ultimate)

Carey Frisch

Saturday, February 18, 2012 11:25 PM
  • Simply purchase a genuine Windows Anytime Upgrade: Windows 7 Home Premium to Ultimate then open Windows Anytime Upgrade by clicking the Start button. In the search box, type anytime upgrade, and then, in the list of results, click Windows Anytime Upgrade and follow the instructions.

Carey Frisch

Thanks, I ask because there are other site, such as amazon and  other vendors that sell the anytime upgrade key A LOT cheaper than microsoft, soI was just making sure that I didn't buy the anytime upgrade key for 50$, then find out I need something else. So, that's it, just the anytime upgrade key code and I have a full functioning version of ultimate witth all features right?

Saturday, February 18, 2012 11:29 PM
  • Beware sellers offering Microsoft software "for a lot cheaper".  Usually the "a lot cheaper" software is pirated or counterfeit.  Once you use Windows Anytime Upgrade, it will unlock the addtional features of Windows 7 Ultimate and you'll have a complete Windows 7 Ultimate installation.

Carey Frisch

Saturday, February 18, 2012 11:35 PM
  • Except I suggest you buy Windows 7 Professional instead of Ultimate.  All Ultimate gives you over Pro is Bitlocker and multi-language support.  On the other hand Ultimate will not receive extended support (not even security patches after 2014) but Pro will remain in support until 2020. 

Saturday, February 18, 2012 11:35 PM
    Answerer
  • Except I suggest you buy Windows 7 Professional instead of Ultimate.  All Ultimate gives you over Pro is Bitlocker and multi-language support.  On the other hand Ultimate will not receive extended support (not even security patches after 2014) but Pro will remain in support until 2020. 

Thanks!
    Saturday, February 18, 2012 11:37 PM
  • Do you happen to know if "wholesaleofficekeys.com" is legit? it's also, a lot cheaperon amazon as well.
    Saturday, February 18, 2012 11:40 PM
  • "milew666" wrote in message news:fd71f964-5f43-46c2-9f97-db215ac1a761...
    Do you happen to know if "wholesaleofficekeys.com" is legit? it's also, a lot cheaperon amazon as well.

They are a counterfeiter.
    DO NOT purchase from them.

Amazon itself is OK – but do not purchase from any of the outfits in the Amazon MarketPlace.

Noel Paton | Nil Carborundum Illegitemi | CrashFixPC | The Three-toed Sloth
    Saturday, February 18, 2012 11:59 PM
  • Windows 7 is heavily counterfeited and the counterfeit copies are sold by individuals on eBay, the Amazon Marketplace, and lots of "discount" websites.  The counterfeiters are using fraudulently obtained MSDN keys.  The sites that purport to sell bare keys are doing the same thing but they aren't bothering to provide the box and disks.  Stick to the Microsoft Store, Amazon Corp., or other very reputable seller.  Take a look at this video to understand what is out there.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hzqNNiOM0cs

Sunday, February 19, 2012 12:12 AM
    Answerer
  • Really? How can they have an actual website with Microsoft product being sold legally if it is fake? It is not a torrent site or anything, and they offer money back etc etc. Is there a list of verified retaliers who are allowed to sell Microsoft product?
    • Edited by milew666 Sunday, February 19, 2012 1:31 AM
    Sunday, February 19, 2012 1:30 AM
  • They are not selling Microsoft product.  They are selling counterfeit Microsoft product.  It's the internet.  Just because they make claims and promises doesn't mean they are legit.  Just because they use an authentic logo doesn't mean they didn't just copy it from another site.  People put up all kinds of websites that are only in business for a few weeks or months.  The website can be hosted in Timbuktu and sell counterfeits from China.  The crooks aren't going to tell you all this.  It takes the authorities time to become aware of what they are doing and collect enough evidence to take the legal steps to close them down.  Then the bad guys open another website with another name and keep selling.

Only buy Windows and Office from reputable sellers.  Companies you know a lot about.  Or play it completely safe and just buy from the Microsoft Store. 

http://www.microsoftstore.com/store/msstore/DisplayHomePage

You might be able to shop around and save $50 but you can't get genuine Windows 7 at half off.  It's a pipe dream.

Stay away from any website selling at a heavy discount.  You'll get ripped off every time.

• Marked as answer by Darin Smith MS Monday, February 20, 2012 10:13 PM
    Sunday, February 19, 2012 1:58 AM
    Answerer
  • "milew666" wrote in message news:db02d2ff-a18b-41bc-ae79-75331317eb8a...
    Really? How can they have an actual website with Microsoft product being sold legally if it is fake? It is not a torrent site or anything, and they offer money back etc etc. Is there a list of verified retaliers who are allowed to sell Microsoft product?

There is no such list – and even if there was, it would be irrelevant.

The reason that the sites apparently get away with it is the complexity of the laws surrounding counterfeiting.
    MS itself has to make purchases and then prove to a court that the vendor provided counterfeit goods – the court then has to issue a take-down notice to the relevant authority.
    Simple, huh?

Unfortunately, life on the internet is not that simple – The website may be aimed at the US, but it may be hosted on a server in Russia, and registered with a registrar in Tuvalu, but actually run from China, and shipping from pretty much anywhere (or nowhere, if it’s a fake ‘electronic Key’ sale) – this means that at least three legal jurisdictions have to be satisfied that the law has been broken for a full site takedown, and the site starts up again the next day, registered this time in Haiti, on servers in Panama ......
    Unless they can actually catch and prosecute the people concerned, there’s no end to the game – and that takes time.

Noel Paton | Nil Carborundum Illegitemi | CrashFixPC | The Three-toed Sloth
    Sunday, February 19, 2012 1:59 AM
  • Yeah right.  Just try and get your money back from this bogus outfit.

Carey Frisch

Sunday, February 19, 2012 2:37 AM
  • I believe you guys, thanks for the infor. I just thought, that, usually when a site is known for selling fake stuff (like fake nikes etc) there are a bunchof rip off reports and couldn't find one. there site says "we have direct delivery contracts with manufactures."

Guess i'll try amazon!

Sunday, February 19, 2012 8:35 AM