none
Visual Studio CMake Support RRS feed

• Question

• I'm putting this here because I don't know where else to put it.  I need help on using the CMake support in VS2017.

Namely, I want to know how to change the CMAKE_INSTALLATION_PREFIX, and also how to specify the paths to dependencies that a given third-party library needs to look for, like the Boost installation on my computer for example.

Also, I want to know where to find the configuration and build logs for my projects.  I need to look at them for something.  

• Moved by May Luo-MSFT Tuesday, October 30, 2018 6:37 AM off-topic issue
    Monday, October 29, 2018 12:43 PM

Answers

• Hi DragonOsman2,

Welcome to the MSDN forum.

As you said, please have a look with this Docs: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/visualstudio/ide/how-to-view-save-and-configure-build-log-files?view=vs-2017 to configure and check the build log.

Since our forum mainly focus on VS IDE issue. About Cmake issue, I recommend you redirect to Stack Overflow forum to start a new thread with “cmake” tags. Thank you for your understanding.

Best Regards

May

MSDN Community Support Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com

• Marked as answer by DragonOsman2 Sunday, December 9, 2018 10:56 PM
    Tuesday, October 30, 2018 6:33 AM