New System-- Folder Duplication Doesn't Seem to Be Working RRS feed

• Question

• After my prior system died, I purchased a new HP EX-490.  I load all of my data (~400GB) onto the unit fresh out of the box.  I then added another 1TB drive to the pool and enabled folder duplication for all of my folders.

It has been about 48 hours and the Server Storage tab of the Console shows my only 52GB of space being used for duplication.  It seems to have been sitting at that amount for at least 12 hours.

I tried turning duplication off for a very large folder (~200GB) and then turning it back on, but nothing seems to have changed.

Thoughts?
    Sunday, January 24, 2010 7:47 PM

Answers

• You can disable Twonky Media Sharing in the Settings Window on the Windows Home Server Console or you can remove it from the Installed List of Add-In in the same Settings Window

--
    • Proposed as answer by Al West Monday, January 25, 2010 5:49 PM
    • Marked as answer by Jonas Svensson -FST- Friday, February 5, 2010 10:44 PM
    Monday, January 25, 2010 5:49 PM

All replies

• Can you post screen prints on a hosting site such as imageshack? I'd be interested in seeing the Shared Folders tab and the Server Storage tab.
    I'm not on the WHS team, I just post a lot. :)
    Sunday, January 24, 2010 7:54 PM
  • Shared folders: http://yfrog.com/6lsharedfoldersj

Server storage: http://yfrog.com/jaserverstorage2j

If it makes a difference, this server seems to be running very slowly.
    Sunday, January 24, 2010 8:09 PM
  • You have some kind of server health warning (the "Network at risk" icon in the console tells me). What's that error?

Also, how did you copy your data to your server?
    I'm not on the WHS team, I just post a lot. :)
    Sunday, January 24, 2010 8:35 PM
  • The health warnings are all either prompts that I have add-ins in my add-in folder that are not yet installed or reminding me that I have not yet set up remote access .

I copied the data from another computer to the server using the shares (\\servername\folder name).

Interestingly, in the 5 hours since I originally posted the server storage tab is showing I now have 58GB of duplication (6 more than before).  I haven't copied anything else to the server since then.

Could it be that my server is just *really* slow?  If so, any suggestions for how to speed it up?  It is pretty much configured as it came out of the box aside from a few of the more standard add-in's (Disc Management, Duplication Info).
    Monday, January 25, 2010 1:30 AM
  • Hmmm. . . just installed Tasks Viewer and it looks like the pre-installed Twonkymediaserver is using 90%+ of the CPU.  Killed that process and now the system is responding at a good clip.  Also, duplication size is increasing by about 1GB/minute, so it sounds like Twonky is to blame.

What's the easiest way to wipe Twonky of this box completely?
    Monday, January 25, 2010 1:51 AM
  • You can disable Twonky Media Sharing in the Settings Window on the Windows Home Server Console or you can remove it from the Installed List of Add-In in the same Settings Window

--
    • Proposed as answer by Al West Monday, January 25, 2010 5:49 PM
    • Marked as answer by Jonas Svensson -FST- Friday, February 5, 2010 10:44 PM
    Monday, January 25, 2010 5:49 PM