Installation error messagehi RRS feed

• Question

• hi i'm having trouble installing my windows live one care. i started to install it once and was able to get it on my PC but i restarted it the browser window kept telling me there was no internet connection when there was. i use a wireless router and was also browsing the web while doing the install so i know i was connected. i uninstalled it to try it again and it gave me an error ID of :0014-80072EFD. not sure what that's supposed to mean b/c there were no details with it. so i went to the one care webpage where you can download it b/c i had noticed that it said you can activate a product key there. so thinking that maybe by activating it that it will help in installing it to my PC i did that but that did absolutely nothing. i tried to install it after i did that and the error ID came up again. i'm not sure what to do anymore.

Saturday, December 6, 2008 8:26 PM

Answers

•  

MrsJMV;

You do know that this is a user to user forum and not Microsoft support don't you?  Anyway, this is not realtime chat either.  If you want immediate personal support, I'm afraid your out of luck particularly over the weekend.  However, you could type your error code "0014-80072EFD" into the search this forum box - not all of Microsoft.com, above and you'll find 56 possible hits, of which I'd suggest you follow this very recent one for that same error code:

http://forums.microsoft.com/WindowsOneCare/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=4190208&SiteID=2 

Sunday, December 7, 2008 2:16 AM

All replies

• how is anyone supposed to get help in "chatting" with support when everyone looks at the thread but no one replies?

Sunday, December 7, 2008 12:15 AM
  •  

MrsJMV;

You do know that this is a user to user forum and not Microsoft support don't you?  Anyway, this is not realtime chat either.  If you want immediate personal support, I'm afraid your out of luck particularly over the weekend.  However, you could type your error code "0014-80072EFD" into the search this forum box - not all of Microsoft.com, above and you'll find 56 possible hits, of which I'd suggest you follow this very recent one for that same error code:

http://forums.microsoft.com/WindowsOneCare/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=4190208&SiteID=2 

Sunday, December 7, 2008 2:16 AM
  •  

no but thanks. the stupid link said it was to "chat with experts in discussion forums." i knew it wasn't a realtime chat just figured someone would respond.
    Sunday, December 7, 2008 3:13 AM
  •  MrsJMV wrote:

no but thanks. the stupid link said it was to "chat with experts in discussion forums." i knew it wasn't a realtime chat just figured someone would respond.

That wording is indeed misleading. When I think of chat, I don't think of forums. I typically take the weekends off from the forum. All of the moderators visit frequently, but we certainly aren't here all of the time.

This post explains how to access your support options - email, phone, and chat:

How to reach support (FAQ) - http://forums.microsoft.com/WindowsOneCare/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=2421771&SiteID=2

-steve

Monday, December 8, 2008 4:02 PM