Detecting deployed SOA services on HPC 2008 R2 cluster from client. RRS feed

• Question

• Hi there.

I would like to be able to detect the SOA services that are deployed on my cluster to aid my users in selecting the correct service. Is there a neat way to get this information from the client end?

Thanks

James

Monday, May 30, 2011 11:23 AM

Answers

• I'm afraid there's no built-in API for this. Probably what you could do is to fetch CCP_SERVICEREGISTRATION_PATH in cluster envrionment, which is the path storing the service registration files. If client is accessable to the path, you could just list services by querying the registration files there. Hope it helps.

• Marked as answer by James.Wallace Tuesday, May 31, 2011 9:46 AM
    Tuesday, May 31, 2011 9:37 AM

All replies

• Monday, May 30, 2011 12:18 PM
  • For the existence and correctness of a service config, you can use cluster manager to view under Configuration->Services panel. For the existence of service bits, since the service should be deployed at a certain directory for on-premise nodes as declared in the service registration config, you can use clusrun to check and redeploy the service for this path.
    Tuesday, May 31, 2011 3:41 AM
  • Thanks Maine, but I should have mentioned that I would like to do this programmatically rather than through the management console.
    Tuesday, May 31, 2011 8:45 AM
  • Hi Mingqing,

Thanks for the reply.

I would like to be able to get the names of all the services, rather than the versions of one specific one, is there anyway to do this?

Tuesday, May 31, 2011 8:47 AM
  • I'm afraid there's no built-in API for this. Probably what you could do is to fetch CCP_SERVICEREGISTRATION_PATH in cluster envrionment, which is the path storing the service registration files. If client is accessable to the path, you could just list services by querying the registration files there. Hope it helps.

• Marked as answer by James.Wallace Tuesday, May 31, 2011 9:46 AM
    Tuesday, May 31, 2011 9:37 AM
  • Thanks, if there is no API for this that pretty much answers my question. I may try Implementing something manually as you suggest but this is only a 'nice to have' :)
    Tuesday, May 31, 2011 9:51 AM