retrieve resources in service activity c# RRS feed

• Question

• hello, icreate a plugin in the serviceappointment entity , iwant to retrieve the resources in the service appointment , they are a user in crm , and in each user found, i will update the usersytem entity 

i create this code but that's not work , the entity collection always empty, icouldn't retrieve the list of resources ; 

so please help me i think a have an error for extract the list of resources 

public void Execute(IServiceProvider serviceProvider)
            {          
              ITracingService tracingService =
                    (ITracingService)serviceProvider.GetService(typeof(ITracingService));
                IPluginExecutionContext context = (IPluginExecutionContext)
                    serviceProvider.GetService(typeof(IPluginExecutionContext));
                if (context.InputParameters.Contains("Target") &&
                    context.InputParameters["Target"] is Entity)
                {
                    Entity entity = (Entity)context.InputParameters["Target"];               
                    if (entity.LogicalName != "serviceappointment")
                        return;
                    try
                    {
                            IOrganizationServiceFactory serviceFactory = (IOrganizationServiceFactory)serviceProvider.GetService(typeof(IOrganizationServiceFactory));
                            IOrganizationService service = serviceFactory.CreateOrganizationService(context.UserId);                   
                                   //get the value of ressources
                                  ColumnSet col=new ColumnSet(new string[] { "resources" });                             
                                  var retrievedApprovalRequest = service.Retrieve(entity.LogicalName,entity.Id,col);
                                  EntityCollection receiverIds=new EntityCollection();
                                  receiverIds = retrievedApprovalRequest.GetAttributeValue<EntityCollection>("resources");

for (int i = 0; i < receiverIds.Entities.Count; i++)
                                  {
                                      ActivityParty ap = receiverIds[i].ToEntity<ActivityParty>();
                                      String userid = ap.PartyId.Id.ToString();
                                      Entity user = new Entity("systemuser");								  
                                      user["domainname"] = userid;
    									//update the fields of usersyteme entity
                                      service.Update(user);
    								  }                                                           
                                }
                    }
                    catch (FaultException<OrganizationServiceFault> ex)
                    {
                        throw new InvalidPluginExecutionException("An error occurred in the plug-in.", ex);
                    }
                    catch (Exception ex)
                    {
                        tracingService.Trace("servicecalendarPlugin: {0}", ex.ToString());
                        throw;
                    }
                }
            }
    Wednesday, November 5, 2014 10:36 AM

All replies

• Which stage and message is your plugin registered on ? I think the resources attribute is not populated in the pre-validate stage.

It's also possible that the resources are updated via an Update, rather than set in the initial Create. Try registering the plugin on the Update message, and Post-operation stage

Microsoft CRM MVP - http://mscrmuk.blogspot.com/ http://www.excitation.co.uk

Thursday, November 6, 2014 10:58 AM