Problem downloading Hoyle Puzzle and Board Games RRS feed

• Question

• Sorry for the elementary question, but when I tried what I thought would be a simple download of a game program (Hoyle Puzzle and Board Games), I received the following message: "A newer version of Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 Redistributable has been detected on the machine." And I haven't a clue what to do to fix this. Any ideas? I'm running Win 8.1

• Moved by Shu 2017 Tuesday, December 30, 2014 9:16 AM no C++ question
    Monday, December 29, 2014 9:48 PM

Answers

• Hi,

Thanks for posting in MSDN forum.

This forum discusses issues regarding the C++ language, compiler, and linker. This forum covers all standardized languages, extensions, and interop technologies supported by Visual C++. So your post is off topic here. I also find something may helpful for this issue. Please check this if it's helpful: http://blogs.msdn.com/b/vsnetsetup/archive/2014/07/17/installation-failing-with-a-newer-version-of-microsoft-visual-c-2010-redistributable-has-been-detected-on-this-machine.aspx

Best regards,

Shu Hu

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

• Proposed as answer by Just Karl Wednesday, December 31, 2014 11:34 PM
    • Marked as answer by Just Karl Friday, January 9, 2015 6:50 PM
    Tuesday, December 30, 2014 9:16 AM
  • Hello,

I'd ask in the Windows 8.1 forum on Microsoft Community.

As the Microsoft Community is on a different platform, we cannot move the question for you.

Once there, click on Participate near the top of the screen, and select 'Ask a Question' or 'Start a Discussion':

Karl

When you see answers and helpful posts, please click Vote As Helpful, Propose As Answer, and/or Mark As Answer.
    My Blog: Unlock PowerShell
    My Book: Windows PowerShell 2.0 Bible
    My E-mail: -join ('6F6C646B61726C406F75746C6F6F6B2E636F6D'-split'(?<=\G.{2})'|%{if($_){[char][int]"0x$_"}})

Tuesday, December 30, 2014 4:44 PM

All replies

• Hi,

Thanks for posting in MSDN forum.

This forum discusses issues regarding the C++ language, compiler, and linker. This forum covers all standardized languages, extensions, and interop technologies supported by Visual C++. So your post is off topic here. I also find something may helpful for this issue. Please check this if it's helpful: http://blogs.msdn.com/b/vsnetsetup/archive/2014/07/17/installation-failing-with-a-newer-version-of-microsoft-visual-c-2010-redistributable-has-been-detected-on-this-machine.aspx

Best regards,

Shu Hu

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Tuesday, December 30, 2014 9:16 AM
  • Hello,

I'd ask in the Windows 8.1 forum on Microsoft Community.

As the Microsoft Community is on a different platform, we cannot move the question for you.

Once there, click on Participate near the top of the screen, and select 'Ask a Question' or 'Start a Discussion':

Karl

When you see answers and helpful posts, please click Vote As Helpful, Propose As Answer, and/or Mark As Answer.
    My Blog: Unlock PowerShell
    My Book: Windows PowerShell 2.0 Bible
    My E-mail: -join ('6F6C646B61726C406F75746C6F6F6B2E636F6D'-split'(?<=\G.{2})'|%{if($_){[char][int]"0x$_"}})

Tuesday, December 30, 2014 4:44 PM