Remove a project from my computer RRS feed

• Question

• I work in an environment where we have many customers with unique custom code. The one problem we have is that these custom code sets rarely live well together on the same computer, so we need to clean them off when we switch to a different customer. Dumping the project is easy enough, but the registry entries and Gac entries are another story. Sometimes the stuff lives on in the obscurity taking up space, but not harming anything, but sometimes it gets include in installers and or conficts with other code sets. This can be a real headache to fix. In the past this has meant that we scrub the drive and reinstall every thing. Ghosting and its derivitives make this easier. We also use VMs which can be reverted, copied, recreated and such. Still horribly inefficient. I have written a couple of tools to scan the registry and delete the entries, but these can actually take more time than some of the earlier mentioned options. What we need is a project removal tool? Does one exist? I have spent weeks over the last few years looking for such a thing to no avail.
    • Moved by Mike Dos Zhang Friday, August 3, 2012 9:25 AM (From:Visual C# General)
    Wednesday, August 1, 2012 10:57 PM

All replies

• Hi rizle ,

Wecome to MSDN Forum !

From your description , we know that you are looking for a project removal tool , but our forum is committed to solve the technical problems like exception , C# language discussion  or MS production .

So , this thread will be moved to off-topic .

Thanks for your understanding .

Regards ,

Lisa Zhu [MSFT]
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us

• Edited by Lisa Zhu Friday, August 3, 2012 8:04 AM
    Friday, August 3, 2012 8:04 AM