Frx 6.7 RRS feed

• Question

• Does Frx 6.7 supports different languages?

If yes how can install multi languages on my existing production Frx.

How can create a report in designer in bulgarian language and have the out put also in bulgarina?

Please help

Thursday, May 6, 2010 11:10 PM

All replies

• Unfortunately Bulgarian was not one of the languages FRx was translated into.  It works in English, French, German and Spanish. 
    Rob Iversen MSX Group www.msxgroup.com rob.iversen@msxgroup.com
    Friday, May 7, 2010 2:31 PM
  • Thank You.

I have more questions.

In Designer the font script cyrillic  is available the only problem is when i choose it and click save it does not save help.

Sunday, May 9, 2010 9:00 PM
  • The font you are trying to use is one installed on the same machine FRx Designer is, correct?  Does the font disappear right away?  Right after you save it?  Or is it missing on other machines or missing in the Drill Down Viewer reports?  There may be reasons it doesn't show up but I need a bit more information.

Thanks

Sunday, May 9, 2010 9:59 PM
  • The font is installed on the machine that i am using and also on the server.

When i open Designer >catalogs i choose one of my catalogs.  Click on  edit on toolbar >Font Styles >Font Style i choose a name thenScript Click on font Script and i choose the cyrillic click then click save.

When i go back to check on the font style  that i saved it the font script it is western not the one i choose.

Help

Sunday, May 9, 2010 10:18 PM
  • The font you are trying to use is one installed on the same machine FRx Designer is, correct? YES

Does the font disappear right away?  Right after you save it?  YES

Or is it missing on other machines or missing in the Drill Down Viewer reports? It is not missing it resides on the machine and on the server.

Monday, May 10, 2010 12:23 AM
  • Can you tell me the specific font name you are using and if possible the location to download that font?  I want to try to replicate your issue but so far have not been able to.  Every time I save a font it goes in just fine. 

What version of Frx are you running?  You can find this in the Help => About window.  It will tell me what service pack you have applied.

Have you recently (or ever) compacted the FRx Databases?  If not, you may want to try this.  Goto the File menu then select Compact FRx Databases.  You will have two choices, you should compact both, one at a time.  For the compact process to work you need to be the only user in the FRx system.  All other Designers, Launchers, Report Managers, Report Servers need to be offline or disconnected.

Thanks

Monday, May 10, 2010 1:32 PM
  • Can you tell me the specific font name you are using and if possible the location to download that font?  I want to try to replicate your issue but so far have not been able to.  Every time I save a font it goes in just fine. 

I am connecting via Citrix and both the Server and the Citrix server have the language pack and also the windows fonts.

What version of Frx are you running?  You can find this in the Help => About window.  It will tell me what service pack you have applied.

Release 6.7.1043

Have you recently (or ever) compacted the FRx Databases?  If not, you may want to try this.  Goto the File menu then select Compact FRx Databases.  You will have two choices, you should compact both, one at a time.  For the compact process to work you need to be the only user in the FRx system.  All other Designers, Launchers, Report Managers, Report Servers need to be offline or disconnected.

Done

Still did not solve the problem.

I went to the server just to take Citrix out of the picture did the same steps and the Font Script does not save to the one i choose.  Please help... it should work what else i am missing.....

Thank You for your response i really appreciate all the help this should be minor.

Thanks

Tuesday, May 11, 2010 12:43 AM
  • The issue may all be with the service pack level you are running.  Basically you are on the very earliest releast of FRx 6.7 which came out many years ago.  There could easily have been some problems with that functionality that was fixed. 

What GL/ERP are you running FRx reports against?  I will do my best to try to find the correct service pack for your product, but you may end up having to go back to your VAR (the firm who sold you the GL/ERP system and FRx) or the GL/ERP vendor themselves.

Tuesday, May 11, 2010 12:50 AM
  • The issue may all be with the service pack level you are running.  Basically you are on the very earliest releast of FRx 6.7 which came out many years ago.  There could easily have been some problems with that functionality that was fixed. 

I was told that i have the latest service pack.

What GL/ERP are you running FRx reports against?  I will do my best to try to find the correct service pack for your product, but you may end up having to go back to your VAR (the firm who sold you the GL/ERP system and FRx) or the GL/ERP vendor themselves.

Syteline 7.05.20

I did log a case with them and  they came back that they are no supporting Frx due to Microsoft. I am stuck that was one of the questions that we asked when we were shopping for a new business system and a financial module about supporting different languages and font scripts they all said yes.  Now two years later i am stuck because of the information that was provided and no support..

Tuesday, May 11, 2010 1:07 AM
  • I am positive the SP level you are on it not the latest.  The way they are numbered after the 6.7 part is the first digit or two represent the SP level.  4 digit codes are for SP's under number ten (10), so in your case the first number (1) is the service pack version.  There are now currently 12 service packs so the latest would have a full version number of 6.7.12045 or something to that effect. 

I am working on obtaining the best latest service pack for your implementation to see if that fixes your font issues.  If you happen to talk to Syteline, see if they have the FRx service pack for your product called R09670.  This is just a code name for the 9th service pack.  So far it has been the most stable.  The ones after it really mess some stuff up that most organizations cannot live with.

Let me assure you, you are not doing anything wrong.  There is very little to do in the font setup screens.  Basically, click New, design your font style (font, size, color, etc) then save.  If that is not working then there is either a bug in the FRx system or there is something very weird about that specific font.

Unfortunately I cannot download and install the Language Pack because MS only releases it for Windows 7 Ultimate or Enterprise and I'm on Pro.  If you can tell me the exact font name you are trying to use I may be able to find it online and download it by itself and test it out.

If you would like some personalized assistance or would like to look into our consulting or support offerings please email me directly at rob.iversen@msxgroup.com or visit our website at http://msxgroup.com to check us out.

Thanks and I'll get back to you when I find the service pack you need.

Tuesday, May 11, 2010 12:24 PM
  • I contacted Infor and  SP9 and SP10 are available.  They do not have SP11 and SP12. Do you think i should remove SP10 and stick with SP9? 

I searched MS and the do not list SP11 and SP12.  If there is an SP11 and SP12 existing and they will fix my problem i would appreciate your assistance in obtaining them.

The font that i am working with is Arial with Cyrillic script.  I am also working with the Simsun with the chinese script.

I appreciate the time and effort you are taking to assist me.  I have looked at your website and i am going to bring to my manager's attention.

Thank You again.

Tuesday, May 11, 2010 10:13 PM
  • I'll test it out tomorrow but I believe based on the version you gave before you are on SP1, not SP10.  SP1 version looks like 6.7.1043.  SP10 version would look something like 6.7.10261.  An extra character at the end means it is a double-digit service pack level.

I will see what I can come up with to test your issue out tomorrow and let you know.

Wednesday, May 12, 2010 1:08 AM
  • OK.  I did not have luck testing the Cyrillic scripts (can't get them on my os I guess) but I did get a newer version (I think) than you currently have.  It is actually SP 7 for the FDM 6.0 schema which is what Syteline uses for FRx reporting.  It has a version of 6.7.7032.  That would be a number of generations newer than your 6.7.1043. 

Let me know if you would like to try this out.  I can send it to you in a number of ways but it is too big to attach here.

Email me at rob.iversen@msxgroup.com and we can work things out. 

Thanks

Thursday, May 13, 2010 1:19 PM
  • Just as an FYI.

These are the versions of Service Packs for FRx 6.7 for GP(and from what I've seen SL)

Microsoft Dynamics FRx 6.7 RTM (6.7.141)

Download Date Released Version

Microsoft Dynamics FRx 6.7 Service Pack 1

August 30, 2004

(6.7.1013)

Microsoft Dynamics FRx 6.7 Service Pack 2

November 1, 2004

(6.7.2013)

Microsoft Dynamics FRx 6.7 Service Pack 3

March 4, 2005

(6.7.3073)

Microsoft Dynamics FRx 6.7 Service Pack 4

June 16, 2005

(6.7.4031)

Microsoft Dynamics FRx 6.7 Service Pack 5

November 8, 2005

(6.7.5014)

Microsoft Dynamics FRx 6.7 Service Pack 6

February 2, 2006

(6.7.6062)

Microsoft Dynamics FRx 6.7 Service Pack 7

June 9, 2006

(6.7.7032)

Microsoft Dynamics FRx 6.7 Service Pack 8

October 19, 2006

(6.7.8069)

Microsoft Dynamics FRx 6.7 Service Pack 9

March 19, 2007 (Vista Compatible)

(6.7.9111)

Microsoft Dynamics FRx 6.7 Service Pack 10

March 28, 2008 (must apply SP9 before applying this service pack)

(6.7.10343) 

Microsoft Dynamics FRx 6.7 Service Pack 11

November 9, 2009 (must apply SP9 before applying this service pack (Available soon) (6.7.11027)

• Edited by CadeFoster Thursday, May 13, 2010 7:26 PM typo
    Thursday, May 13, 2010 7:26 PM
  • Those links look to hold the answer, but I don't have access to download them. How would I get access?
    Wednesday, July 14, 2010 8:27 PM
  • Michael,

Check with either someone at your company who has a CustomerSource account, your Dynamics partner, or lastly you can email voice@microsoft.com to have them help you determine who has access in your company.

Thanks

Ryan

Monday, July 19, 2010 6:57 PM
  • Can anyone please tell me where I can download the FRx Report Designer 6.7? We have one license that we bought a while ago. The system crashed and died on us. I need to install it back, but can't find the CD. All I found is the S/N.

Thanks so much.

Friday, July 30, 2010 9:07 PM
  • Pat,

Contact me directly and I can see what I can do.  We have numerous FRx installs but I need more specifics on what GL and version you are running.  You can email me at Rob.Iversen@MSXGroup.com.  Also visit our website http://MSXGroup.com for more information on our services, training classes and FREE webinars.

Thanks

Rob

Rob Iversen MSX Group http://MSXGroup.com Rob.Iversen@MSXGroup.com
    Tuesday, August 3, 2010 1:57 PM