Can't copy to \\SERVER\Music RRS feed

• Question

• I've given my username every kind of permission I can but still can't get access to the \\SERVER\Music folder. I'm on a client machine and am trying to copy music files from client to this folder. Did the following:

1. Log on to server as Admin. In console / shared folders / Music (properties) gave my username full access
    2. In shared folders on server right clicked on properties for Music, chose Security tab, verified I have full control
    3. Turned off UAC in Vista Home Premium on client
    4. Went to Windows Explorer, opened Network folder, chose Music folder, up pops "\\SERVER\Music is not accessible. You might not have permission to use this network resource. Contact the administrator of this server to find out if you have access permissions. Access is denied.
    5. Right click on Music folder in Explorer, choose Security /Advanced /Owner /Edit. Try to add myself as owner. Get message Windows Security, "Unable to set new owner on Music (\\SERVER). Access is denied.

My very uneducated guess is that because I don't log on to client with same signon as server I am having this problem? If this is it please point in direction of how to rectify.

Regrards.

WN
    Saturday, November 17, 2007 5:23 AM

Answers

• Nevermind - Single signon was all I needed. Thanks.
    Saturday, November 17, 2007 6:22 AM