How to make all the steps of a Sales Process required to close an Opportunity RRS feed

• Question

• Hi

I am having a difficult time making all the steps of the Sales Process in the opportunity required to close an Opportunity.

Thursday, May 15, 2014 4:28 PM

All replies

• Hi NSackin,

Very simple:

1. Create new lead
    2. Enter the company name
    3. Topic field
    4. Other required fields
    5. Qualify lead from top ribbon
    6. After qualification new opportunity will be created
    7. find the new created opportunity 
    8. you can close or won the opportunity now.

Do not forget to mark answer as best.

• Proposed as answer by Adeel Aqdus Thursday, May 15, 2014 7:20 PM
    • Edited by Adeel Aqdus Thursday, May 15, 2014 7:21 PM
    • Unproposed as answer by NSackin Thursday, May 15, 2014 7:56 PM
    • Proposed as answer by Adeel Aqdus Thursday, May 15, 2014 8:03 PM
    Thursday, May 15, 2014 7:20 PM
  • Thank you Adeel Aqdus, but I want to prevent an Opportunity from closing unless all the Sales Process steps are complete.

So far, I've created the Sales process and made all the steps required.  But opportunities are still being closed-won even though all the steps in the sales process have not been completed.

Any ideas?

Thursday, May 15, 2014 7:56 PM
  • Opportunity cannot be created without completing sales process. 

If you are creating opportunity individually apart from sales process then you have to do some customization by writing up custom plugin on opportunity.

Thursday, May 15, 2014 8:06 PM
  • I am only concerned with the "Close as Won" in an open opportunity.

the sales process I'm referring to is one I created for Opportunities, the there are stages like "Qualify" Develop, Proposal, etc. that I also created.  I am just having a problem making the completion of the "Contacting Phase" of the Sales Process a requirement before someone can mark an Opportunity "Close as Won"

Thursday, May 15, 2014 9:06 PM
  • Make yourself determined what do you want!

If you want to prevent from closing Opportunity close as won or lost you can control this things by doing following steps:

You will need to add your custom EnableRule to the existing Close button - so:

1. Create a solution containing just the opportunity entity

2. Load the solution into the Ribbon Workbench for CRM2013 (download and install first - ribbonworkbench.uservoice.com/.../71374-1-getting-started-with-the-ribbon-workbench)

3. Locate the close as won button and Right Click - Customise Command (not customise button!)

4. Open the command added to the solution elements and Right Click edit the EnableRules - you can add your custom enable rule that uses the ValueRules to test for what ever form values you need.

In you need more information follow the Blog:

https://community.dynamics.com/crm/f/117/t/117187.aspx

Thursday, May 15, 2014 9:16 PM
  • If my answer helpful then vote as helpful. 
    Thursday, May 15, 2014 9:21 PM