none
Vista MGA tool broken. Big suprise! RRS feed

• Question

• Yes, add me to the list of folks burned by this half baked operating system.

FINALLY got a stable Vista Ultimate platform running, made a few backups to ENSURE i would have a place ot start over without playing human disk drive for 2 days straight reloading software.........and Micro$oft has finally found a way to repay my efforts. By telling me that $600+ (I have 2 Vista Ultimate machines...aren't I lucky) in (sometimes) operating system software is no longer "genuine"

I would include my screen dump, but why  - everybody is here for the same reason.    The flywheel finally came apart after putting to many miles on it.

So,  the real question is - how do we fix it? If we can't patch on Microsoft update now becuase we don't have a validated OS, and the fix can't be as simple as a download, becuase then unvalidated copies COULD become validated...................what do we do?
    Saturday, August 25, 2007 1:54 AM

Answers

•  

Every so often Microsoft releases an update to the end-user runtimes. Think of them like a patch. It's not a total re-release, but some libarary files are updated with no info.  It can make a difference in the way some games look and act. Well, normally, to get these files, your copy of Windows has to be "valid" and "genuine"  

Saturday, August 25, 2007 2:18 AM
  • This issue should be resolved (see http://forums.microsoft.com/Genuine/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=2054756&SiteID=25)

0xc004c4a5

If you are still having issue, please create a new post with a full description of the issue.

Thank you,
    Darin Smith
    WGA

Monday, September 17, 2007 8:08 PM

All replies

• Let me guess, you installed the latest DX runtimes?
    Saturday, August 25, 2007 2:00 AM
  •  

I was acuatlly TRYING to install the August update. but that is where my issues started. That is when it had to Verify my installation, which is when the tool said it could not validate my install.

So, yes i was trying - but no i didn't get them installed yet.

Saturday, August 25, 2007 2:03 AM
  • What DX update are you all talking about?
    Saturday, August 25, 2007 2:14 AM
  •  

Every so often Microsoft releases an update to the end-user runtimes. Think of them like a patch. It's not a total re-release, but some libarary files are updated with no info.  It can make a difference in the way some games look and act. Well, normally, to get these files, your copy of Windows has to be "valid" and "genuine"  

Saturday, August 25, 2007 2:18 AM
  • This issue should be resolved (see http://forums.microsoft.com/Genuine/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=2054756&SiteID=25)

0xc004c4a5

If you are still having issue, please create a new post with a full description of the issue.

Thank you,
    Darin Smith
    WGA

Monday, September 17, 2007 8:08 PM