trojan horse virus RRS feed

• Question

• I believe my computer was infected with multiple viruses: Trojan Horse IRC/backdoor .sd4FRV  , Trojan Horse Generic11.oQJ , Backdoor.win 32.Haxdoor.gu , SHeur.25Q , Trojan-Downloader.win32.small.fxf , Trojan Horse IRC/Backdoor.sdBot4FRV , W32.Benjamin.worm , W95/Elkern F-Secure , Trojan-Downloadere.32.Small.dge.  I have windows live one care that notified me immediately of this. (It said that it was in my hard drive 9, doucuments 4, and one other place.   I tried the removal tool that popped up with the alert ( a few times) then ran a full scan.  I am afraid that that I actually accepted the virus when I accepted to clear the threat.  After the full scan was done Windows live one care came back with: states that user action is recommended for unwanted software and tries to "clean" the problem.  It did this for 2 1/2 hours until I had to shut my computer off for the night.  It never said it was done or if it fixed the problem.  I have since ran 2 scans not done while connected to internet.  I checked my scan reports and it said no threats found.  I checked my quarentine and it is empty.  I am wondering if I really did get rid of all the viruses/trojan horses.  If I did where are they?   Is there some other scan I can run to see where the infected areas are or might be?  Thank you for any input you might have.

Thursday, February 4, 2010 10:34 PM

Answers

All replies