none
Forums seem problematic RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I am a Microsoft Partner that has had a difficult time transitioning to the new forums.   While I was a big fan of the NNTP newsgroups, I understand that change is inevitable.   I would like to enquire if there is a date in mind that we can expect these forums to leave their persistnet state of broken-ness and become fully functional.   Here are the current issues that I have.

1:   The forums ONLY work properly with Internet Explorer.  We don't use Internet Explorer.

2:  The Alerts for these forums rarely work and to date cannont be relied on.

3:  The boolean search funtions that most search mechanisms use doesn't work properly in Bing.  For example search for Qwuijibo...it should bring up this post but doesn't.

ANY suggestions would be appreciated.  Given the recent change to the MS Partner program this is our ONLY interface with MTS, and as a result this transition has been frustrating.
    Tuesday, January 26, 2010 9:47 PM

Answers

• Brian,

Thanks for your reply.  Please forgive my late response as the Live Alert System didn't alert me that you had responded to my thread.  At this point I am resigned to using IE for all my Microsoft Related browing issues.  From what I have gleaned from other postings by frustrated users, the position of Microsoft is  "Just learn to live with it, until we change it again without asking anyone who uses these forums as a criticla business resource."

Thanks!

Johnny

• Proposed as answer by Pramod_C Tuesday, February 2, 2010 11:30 AM
    • Marked as answer by Multicolored Simian Wednesday, February 3, 2010 5:40 AM
    Monday, February 1, 2010 9:02 PM

All replies

• On point one, i use FF all the time with these forums. There is the one script hanging issue, but everything else seems to work just fine in FF.
    Tuesday, January 26, 2010 10:48 PM
  • Brian,

Thanks for your reply.  Please forgive my late response as the Live Alert System didn't alert me that you had responded to my thread.  At this point I am resigned to using IE for all my Microsoft Related browing issues.  From what I have gleaned from other postings by frustrated users, the position of Microsoft is  "Just learn to live with it, until we change it again without asking anyone who uses these forums as a criticla business resource."

Thanks!

Johnny

• Proposed as answer by Pramod_C Tuesday, February 2, 2010 11:30 AM
    • Marked as answer by Multicolored Simian Wednesday, February 3, 2010 5:40 AM
    Monday, February 1, 2010 9:02 PM
  • The forums do not work properly with FireFox 2. But they work fine for me with FireFox 3. What is the problem exactly.

As to your other points, I fear you are correct. I do not use alerts, so that does not bother me, and for ssearch I have much better luck with a regular Google or Bing search.

David Wilkinson | Visual C++ MVP
    Tuesday, February 2, 2010 11:40 AM
  • I have found this forum to be helpful, especially Don Tan . They do have their priorities, but they listen and respond.

If you are using FF3, please post the exact issue you are having. I use FF3 every day in these forums, and i am quite satisfied (except for the one hang issue.)
    Tuesday, February 2, 2010 6:22 PM
  • Problem is I'm unable to submit my Question.

Its shows error : Body must be 4 to 60000 characters long.

I was using Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.9.1.7) Gecko/20091221 Firefox/3.5.7 (.NET CLR 3.5.30729).

Regards,
    Somnath
    Somnath
    Wednesday, February 3, 2010 6:47 AM
  • That's exactly what i'm running right now, and it works fine.

Perhaps an add in is causing an issue? Is NoScript blocking anything? Are cookies enabled for this site?
    Wednesday, February 3, 2010 11:03 PM